Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, looking for some help. I have an 03 Magnum 330 4x4, it has the gear light indicator only, no speedo. My neutral light doesn't work. I took the indicator panel out replaced a couple bulbs and still no neutral light. My gear selector seems a little sloppy too but it goes into gear fine. Any help with this would be great or if anyone knows where I can source the panel would be helpful too. thanks

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
Regardless of the indicator, they all use the same switch and you should have indicators for other selections such as reverse, high and low.

If the other light work, the problem is in the switch, connector, wiring, bulb socket or bulb.

I don't know your level of expertise or tools you have available, but to keep it simple (because most problems are simple) the first thing to do is check for 12v on the bulb socket (green wire with a white stripe) - if no voltage, go to the transmission gear indicator, unplug the connector, with the transmission in neutral, check continuity between the pins the red/wht and grn/wht wires connect to (pins C and D)

If there is continuity between the pins, check the continuity of the grn/wht wire between the connector on the switch and the connector at light module - sometime during this exercise, you should discover the cause of the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok gotcha thanks. I do have every light except neutral even after the bulb replacement. I was thinking it was wiring related. Have to check it with a multi meter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts