Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

We have a Sportsman 400 that an inexperienced person was shifting the gears on.

The shifter was in park (all the way down). The person forced the shifter all the way down below Park. (they basically stepped on the shifter)

The shifter has now fallen off.

How much damage can this do to the transmission?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Depends on what gave when the fool stood on the shifter.:what:

Bent or broken linkage rods arms etc?
Can you shift with the arm on the outside of the tranny?
Nothing broken outside then he busted up the inside. Forks? Sounds like the handle gave before the internals.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
it will be the plastic clip that holds the shift linkage to the shift lever or it will be the bell crank. You could not lean on it hard enough to break anything in the tranny before one of those two gave out.

·
Registered
424 Posts
it will be the plastic clip that holds the shift linkage to the shift lever or it will be the bell crank. You could not lean on it hard enough to break anything in the tranny before one of those two gave out.
Ditto take off the side cover and look for a plastic clip that holds the linkage to the lever kind of a c-clip looking thing my wifes does it all the time better than stripping something expensive.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Ditto take off the side cover and look for a plastic clip that holds the linkage to the lever kind of a c-clip looking thing my wifes does it all the time better than stripping something expensive.
Good thing they put a "fuse" in there to protect the expensive parts...

·
Registered
20 Posts
LOL polaris woman proofed it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts