Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2001 Trailblazer was not used for around two years. Just pulled and cleaned the carb and got it started. I got the quad a few years back and it has always smoked like a mosquito fogging truck... :yessir: It has good power, starts easy and runs well. Just smokes a lot. How can you tell if this is an issue with the top end or possibly an incorrect adjustment on the oil injection?

Thanks for any assistance...

·
Registered
877 Posts
it is to much oil getting into the mixture
im not sure on how or if u can adjust the injector
have a golf cart that has one and is adjustable but
i hate the injector systems just bypassed it and pre mixed dont feel like having the motor blow cause the oil injector quits

·
Registered
324 Posts
the injector is adjustable and needs to be setup properly. Also the type and make of oil can make a huge difference. I use polaris oil and find that my trailboss hardly smokes. I've tried other brands and most of them smoke more then the polaris brand. Search around online there are some good reviews on oils. I am going to try some full synth I hear that doen't smoke as much.

Anyway to adjust your injector your need to line up the two marks (one on the arm and one on the body of the pump) when the throttle is sitting closed. To adjust it you just use the adjuster on the body of the oil pump that adjusts the slack in the cable. With mine set to stock settings the smoke is barely noticeable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information. I am using Polaris 2 cycle oil in the system and it seems that the it will not adjust and stay adjusted at idle. Looks like it may be a spring return that is weak. I guess it is time for a service manual. Anybody have a really good price and vendor for a 2001 Trailblazer manual?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I would remove the oil pump and clean the assembly. Its a pretty easy job. Sounds like the pump arm is caked with dirt or rusted.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Hey JayL - could you by any chance let us know the make/model of your carb? another member on this forum has bought an 87 trailboss 250 without a carb. I cannot find direct info on the carb itself when looking for his model and any info you could relate to the forum would definitely help him, him being "bobnheather08"

Thanks from all of us :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts