Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to the world of ATv/Snowmobiling, I’ve recently purchased a 2019 Sportsman 570 and a 2013 Switchback Assault 800. I was wondering if anyone has any tips on general maintenance, fuel types, engine treatment, etc. Thanks!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Is the 570 new or used? When I got my 570 new I changed the oil after 10 hours and then all the fluids after 25 hours. I don't do a lot of riding so after that I change them once a year. The oil and rear and tranny fluids are simple to change. Best advice I can give is to find a couple you tube videos that show how to change them.
You'll get plenty of opinions on what brand fluids to use. I used Polaris oil until my warranty was up then I switched to Shell Rotella T6 and Wix filter for oil. I still use Polaris fluids for the rest.

If you bought it used I would go ahead and change out all the fluids just so you know you are starting with a clean slate. I am no mechanic at all and can change all three fluids in no time really. If you have a winch it adds a few minutes but not much issue at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice! I bought it new, it has less than 10 hours on it. I just used it to push snow this winter. I’ve read quite a few people use Seafoam as well, do you use any engine/fuel treatments?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I've never used sea foam but have considered it. My main use is also plowing snow. That's why my hours stay low. I did get to spend a long weekend at Brimstone last year but now have an RZR as well so plowing and some work around the house will by the main use for the Sportsman.
Did you buy a plow for it at the dealer? If not check out the Denali plows (search this site). I bought one and have had no issues with it, and a when I bought mine the price with shipping was less than half of what the dealer wanted for a plow.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I just noticed after posting this that you are from Canada. That might effect the plow purchase....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts