Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, ive tried everything. My rear tires blow through just about any ground i try to wheelie on. The front end will never get up and im running 3psi in the rear... cant get traction, any help?

·
Premium Member
3,507 Posts
Maybe it just wasn't designed to do wheelies? It is after all a utility machine.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I dont do wheelies either(mainly because I never knew how) but its way cool seeing 1000 lb utility bikes doing it. Try stiffening up the rear suspension. My friends all pull the front end ups pretty effortly

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
What purpose does doing a wheelie serve? Do you need to do it to get over logs? It it necessary to keep the air intake above water? I do wheelies on my dirt bike to navigate certain obstacles, decrease turn radius and to allow me to turn the front end to get the handlebars through narrow passages (between two trees), but I never found a reason to wheelie my quad. I don't understand the need?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Switch to sport mode and floor it, I dont like it but yeah, not very hard to do with that kind of machine :)

Heavy tire make this even easier.

·
Registered
534 Posts
My touring will lift on pavement with the PXT tires. My 27" vampire 2's just spin. When I was doing my performance testing with the Gtech it was just hopping the front end stock. With the PVC-V I had to be careful so I put 120# in the front box and retested box. With the clutch kit from RVS I even had it did come up a time or two into what would have been a long cat walk. Be careful once you get it lifting so you don't go over backward. I've had mine scrape the ball mount on the ground like a wheelie bar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts