Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004.5 Sportsman 500 H.O. 4x4 Has been turning itself on and off randomly. Speedo will light up/turn on and rear brake light comes on.

I have replaced the ECM with the updated version due to fan running constantly, fixed that. Replaced the hall effect sensor due to speedo needle not moving.

Thought I had everything fixed, but then the speedo started to turn on/light up randomly without the key in or ignition turned on.

Mechanic said the Speedo was probably the issue, so replaced it with a new unit and everything seemed fine, but tonight after plowing, it started doing it again. Don't even need to have the key in it!

I have no idea where to go from here, unless some else has experienced this problem. Any ideas before I take it to the stealer?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I was going to say it's likely the ECM..... so you have me stumped. Be curious to see how this is resolved. Could it be a short in the wiring harness or ignition switch??? :dunno:

Good Luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to say it's likely the ECM..... so you have me stumped. Be curious to see how this is resolved. Could it be a short in the wiring harness or ignition switch??? :dunno:

Good Luck!
Yes, i'm stumped. Could be something simple or ???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts