Polaris ATV Forum banner

Gifts for plowing

3K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  sigarms229 
#1 ·
What gifts or things have you received from plowing other peoples driveway? I always plow my brother in laws driveway everytime it snows. He just gave me 50 rounds of ammo for my 9mm and also 50 hollow points for it! :) that's a sweet deal considering they are hard to find. What have you received over the years?

#3 ·
My neighbor left me a basket with homemade cookies and a bottle of wine on the porch the day after I plowed their driveway. I thought it was nice and unnecessary since I was having so much fun plowing through everything.

#4 · (Edited)
I usually get baked goods (cookie's, pie, banana bread, ect) and occationally some cash.... depends on the arrangement and/or the ammount of snow removed. And sometimes I don't even get a thank you..... but I don't help them out anymore! (3+ more times with out as little as a "thank you" = :frech: ) :D

#8 ·
Lol yes that counts! As long as you didn't get the "gift" that keeps on giving!
Great gifts. Baked goods would be sweet or gas $ cause this 800 drinks it. I also get to use his trailer anytime I need it.

#7 ·
I do a lot of plowing around town for free and never asked for anything for it cause I have fun doing it. I just hate to see people walking down sidewalks that have snow on them and makes their walk a lot harder then it could be so I help out by plowing the streets side walks that my parents live on and they have received and passed on to me all kinds of things from the various people that live on the street from supper gift cards to gas money to home made cards from the kids that say thank you, and it just makes my day to see I helped people. Around my neighborhood it's hard to get a jump on things considering 3 of my neighbors have skidsteers and they love it more then I do LOL. In fact finally wore out my 52" quadboss plow after 13 years of service and getting ready to order a new 60" from Polaris.

#9 ·
I was plowing my pot head neighbors driveway and he came out and said he didn't want my help.
His crazy German Shepard that he can't keep to home went after my three little dogs on my property last week. I'm assuming my response with a 12 ga shotgun has somehow traumatized him.
No shots were fired that time but next time he will find his Shepard thrown back over the fence on his property in a little worse shape than he was when he came over.

#15 ·
I plowed our culdesac sidewalk, neighbor next door who got his hand chewed up in snowthrower earlier this season, The Old Scrotum behind me cause he & I fish & I give him $hit all the time in good fun plus he's a native of Phila area & I hate the Flyers & Seagals. Did his next door neighbor cause I knew he was in China or India on business He came out a couple of snow storms ago & gave me what turned out to be 2 $20 bills, I had cookies from the one neighbor. I love being able to do it, But right now on IR had knee surgery from slipping on black Ice 1st Sun night of new year taking out trash caused me to shred Meniscus. Hope to be able to get to shed by Sun cause we're supposed to get 1-3" again!!
Question for synthetic winch operators, The end came undone at thimble. I tied it off on clevis pin to get through awhile back, Decided to swage the new thimble, no good slipped through swage collar. I used the 3 clamps that came W/thimble from Home Depot, those too did not hold. Went back to tying off on clevis. It works just looks like a half a$$ fix & I hate seeing that type of repair/modification. I work on turbine powered helicopters and a Gulfstrem for too long :-( & have experience swaging cables, just surprised the synthetic rope slipped through. Any suggestions?

#17 · (Edited)
I plow a few people around me. The one next door gives me food all the time, and he can definitely cook. Homemade cookies and chocolate, chili, soup, etc. My wife thinks it's hilarious that I plow driveways for food. He is the only one I ever took money from because he hid $20 at the bottom of a container of cookies. I had told him I don't want money, and I never mentioned the money but compliment his cooking so I think he got the idea.

The guy 2 over is old with a walker. Always thought he was a crab ass. Saw him struggling with his snow blower so I offered to plow for him. Come to find out he is nice as can be, and funny as hell. He tries to pay, but I always refuse money from anyone. He tried hard to give me some once, told him if it means that much I'll take it but I won't ever plow for him again. He got the picture after that and just comes out and shakes my hand and says thank you every time.

#18 ·
I plow about my entire neighborhood and I don't ask for anything but appreciate a thank you! I have received cash and a big bowl of chili this year. I don't always ask but have never had anyone pissed off for plowing. If someone gets ticked at me for plowing I will just plow them in next storm so were even.

#19 ·
Found a card on my front door with two fifty dollar bills in it with a nice note today from the neighbor across the street. Was bs'in with him the other day and i said "sorry i didnt get to plow your drive way my winch cable broke half way through mine", He thanked me for plowing his all the time and he understood. his drive way is only 20x30 if that and takes less then 5 min and doing both his and mine i can clear the road and make my life easier anyways lol. The note said they where very greatful as he has a bad back and has a hard time shoveling and greatful that i clean the end of the road out so she doesnt get stuck after the county makes a mess. Guess i can afford a synthetic winch cable now!!!

#20 ·
How is that Harbor Freight winch? I read so many people use them without issue and it just cracks me up that anything electrical from Harbor Freight lasts. My brother needs one, but isn't the type to spend hundreds of dollars. (I didn't either on my Viper) Did the KFI mount work with your machine and winch no problem?

#21 · (Edited)
Works great, I have pulled trees out with it, a car out of the ditch and about 15 hours and 60 miles of plowing with out issue. The cable did snap but that's what happens to steel cables when you bend them repeatedly. Kfi mount fit the winch and atv perfectly. The HF wireless controller is amazing for pulling trees, you can us the winch and cut at the same time.

It's probably oem'ed by the same company as other brands.

#22 ·
Not bad. Homemade cookies would be cool. My harbor freight winch works great. Glad I bought it.

#23 ·
glad the bad lands is working good..my first one is 5 years old an works like new...just got a #3500 for my new old sportsman 500..

I plow the nieghbor across the road...his wife always gives me baked goods an in summer loads me up in fresh veggies....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.