Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 60" blade but Polaris can't get a Glacier II push mount in, back ordered to who knows when. I can switch to a Glacier III push mount and mount, they are in stock. Is the III as good, better than the II? I have heard both way. Some say the III is made better? What you guys think? Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
You can get the Glacier II push frames on E bay for less than the dealer is charging. Just make sure it is the second generation push frame Glacier II+.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
which is better is always going to be subjective opinion, and we all know what people say about opinions. They are like @$$holes, everyone has one and they all stink.

The original glacier II is notoriously weak. the second gen. (II+) has that addressed with stronger tubes and gusseting.

The Glacier III is a hybrid front and mid mount unit bringing the best of both worlds in one package. Quick connect, and better weight distribution in combination with the load impact on the middle of the frame where it's better suited to take the load and possible impact. I have not heard ANY complaints about the Glacier III systems.

Don't forget there are many other brands of push tubes out there. You don't have to stick with Polaris. It's my understanding that the blades can be used on just about any push tube system. But I could be wrong. and If I am, I'd just modify it to work. one of the benefits of being able to work with metal. Anyways lets get this train back on the tracks.

I've done a good amount of research into plow systems as I plan on building my own. from this research, I've decided that I'm going to copy the Glacier III system. The quick connect in combination with the minimal ground clearance loss when the plow is not on and the hybrid mount make it the best option in my opinion. Please refer to opening statement about opinions.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ready For Snow

The local dealer called me tonight and said they had a Glacier III mount and push mount. I brought it home and spent a rainy Ohio night putting it together. I have to say I am impressed. Everything fit great, all the bolts come with washers and nylock nuts. I hope it holds up as well as it looks. the tubular frame of the push mount looks pretty heavy duty. Let's see how it holds up, I'm ready for snow but let's wait until I get to ride at Wayne national this Saturday. Thanks for everyones advise.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Glad you found a solution. Let it snow!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts