Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using my Glacier III this afternoon to plow snow and had the connection rod and loop bracket that the winch connects to snap in two where attaches to the push mount. Looks like a poor weld contributed the break, the rod was discolored under the weld.

So I rigged up a screw lock carabiner to connect the winch strap and continued plowing earlier this evening. Will have to continue using the substitute since we're in the middle of a storm dumping significant snow fall today. I've plowed twice moving at least 15" of snow in total and we're supposed to see another 5-6" overnight so will need to plow my driveway and short lane before trying to get to work if the roads are plowed.

Anyone see any issues with just leaving the carabiner in place or should I purchase a replacement bracket from Polaris, anyone with an idea what the correct name is for that part?

·
Registered
171 Posts
we are gettin the same shit storm here in for frances, got my alarm set for 5am to go plow out a road to the hwy

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally done with snow about 4 a.m. today, went out about an hour later and plowed another time - looks like about 19" total fell from the storm. Had no trouble with my plow although only have a narrow lane now where I normally have a two lane driveway. Much more snow for the whole season than we normally get in the seven years I've lived here.

Bright blue sky this morning with 16 degrees and little wind chill, very nice outside with the snow cover.

Can't wait to get this out of here to do some riding this spring.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Can you take a picture for us to see which part your exactly talking about??

Did you actually break part of the push tube assembly or the lift eye "dog bone" shaped link? If you got a clevis / carabiner type ring to work.... and it works fine, I think I'd leave it be.

Here is mine, I replaced the "dog bone" with a carabiner type link. Is this what you did?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are exactly right, it was the dog bone link and it broke down just above the joint at the small end of the dog bone. And your solution is exactly what I did although with a screw lock version instead of a flip version.

Glad someone else was thinking the same way I did in replacing the dog bone.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
leave it as is. it's stronger than before and will work just fine.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts