Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a plow for my 2012 Sportsman 500 HO. My local dealer is suggesting I go with the new glacier PRO system. I like the looks of it, and the new frame and plow design, compared to the Glacier III system. In checking some sites, the info seems to be conflicting as to fitment on my machine. The 2014 Sportsman accessories catalog appears to list the Glacier PRO plow mount #2879633 for the Sportsman 400, 500, and 800 MY 11-14. but, the Polaris site states that this mount will not fit my sportsman when I look it up there.

Does anyone know for sure, one way or the other, if it will fit my machine.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Just looked the ATV Glacier PRO System up, hadn't heard about it yet..... looks nice. What do they drain your wallet of for that system?

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
$1,000 for the steel version (includes a winch)

$1,150 for the poly version (includes a winch)

"Kit" prices on ebay, I have been eyeballing them, but also have a skid steer to move snow.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Not a bad price..... So, what do they get for the power swivel option. That would be handy.... but I'm to "thrifty" and not lazy enough to get off and turn it manually just yet!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Just looked the ATV Glacier PRO System up, hadn't heard about it yet..... looks nice. What do they drain your wallet of for that system?

My dealer is quoting $570.00 + tax, without installation, for the system with a 60" steel blade, which is about $100.00 off list. I already have a winch, and the self install looks to be fairly easy, for me. I just want to be sure it will fit, before I bring it home.

From what the dealer tells me, the frame mount is a lot stronger than the Glacier III, and it gives you more ground clearance. Also, the way the plow blade mounts on the lift is much wider that the glacier III, which should give it more strength on the outer sides of the plow. It all looks good, but we will have to see how it holds up over time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm alos in the market for a plow and I'm going with the Eagle plow system form theatvsuperstore.com Its a better price ($450) and better made. After talking with Thor from the website i'm pretty comfortable im getting one of the better plow systems

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
The Eagles are a very nice (well built / hefty ) system.... had one on the wife's machine when I bought it, removed it and mounted it on the father-in-law's machine.

The Popo Pro looks like a very nice set up..... and I wouldn't doubt it's a beefier and better setup if it's dirived from the Ranger system. But I'd like to see a ground clearance # in comparison to the G3 system (Remember about 1/3 - 1/2 of what salesman tell you is BS!). Or are they refering to "other brands" in that statement, as the G3 is only hangs about 3/16-1/4" below the frame (thickness of metal mtg bracket)?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm alos in the market for a plow and I'm going with the Eagle plow system form theatvsuperstore.com Its a better price ($450) and better made. After talking with Thor from the website i'm pretty comfortable im getting one of the better plow systems
Also on sale w/free shipping right now. Just got my 60" delivered today.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I actually just order it. 54" Eagle plow kit for $460.00 free shipping. Cant wait to get it. Any questions call Thor. I know jack shit about atv stuff. Its my first one. He was great. Knew everything about everything

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Thor is very knowledgable!!! He works in a field he loves and enjoys. I envy him for that, as it sounds like a dream job to me!!

If there was any money in ATV sales and our local dealer was..... well, nevermind.... I'd want to be in the powersport sales and accessories business!!

I see companies like "ATVSUPERSTORE.COM" and "REALTRUCK.COM" and just imagine how fun it would be to "help people play" all day & week long.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
^ Exactly!!! That would be boss.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts