Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the eagle plow w/mid mount. I see that Polaris is selling a new plow system for ATVs called the Glacier PRO. The blades are 17in tall and the plow frame is supposedly heavy duty. I was wondering if anyone has seen one of these systems in person and if so, what's your impressions??

Blade-http://www.purepolaris.com/en-us/Atv/pages/detail.aspx?ItemID=2879638(PolarisPGACatalog)

Plow Frame-http://www.purepolaris.com/en-us/Atv/pages/detail.aspx?ItemID=2879630(PolarisPGACatalog)

Video-

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Lets see how many they sell at that price. 600 bucks just for the power angle.

Looks like total system is over 2 grand. That price does not include the HD springs recommended by Polaris, the larger battery and installation. Now you are at just under 3 grand.

I will pass. The Glacier II+ and Glacier III can be had for less that a grand installed. and they work just fine. Not to mention a host of others in the same price range.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My machine will be here tomorrow. I ordered the 66" poly blade with mine. I don't really need something that big but I'm sure my neighbors will love me for it in the winter. I'll give you guys a write up tomorrow

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Lets see how many they sell at that price. 600 bucks just for the power angle.

Looks like total system is over 2 grand. That price does not include the HD springs recommended by Polaris, the larger battery and installation. Now you are at just under 3 grand.

I will pass. The Glacier II+ and Glacier III can be had for less that a grand installed. and they work just fine. Not to mention a host of others in the same price range.
Just under 3grand??? I disagree...Let's compare.

Glacier Pro
Plow-249
Plow frame-249
Mounting Plate-169
Total-667

Glacier III
Plow-219
Plow push frame-199
Mount plate-159
Total-577

So it's about $90 difference for the heavy duty setup as compaired to the Glacier III...hardly a big difference if your getting a more durable system.
Also, the hydraulic angle isn't required, nor is it needed, well, for me atleast.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My machine will be here tomorrow. I ordered the 66" poly blade with mine. I don't really need something that big but I'm sure my neighbors will love me for it in the winter. I'll give you guys a write up tomorrow
So, you got the PRO plow frame??

·
Registered
134 Posts
So, you got the PRO plow frame??
Yes the glacier pro frame and mount. Your quote is way high on it. Plan on around $1500 at most

·
Registered
134 Posts
My review: The plow and frame both seem to be very durable and strong. Since there is now snow yet I wont be able to tell you how completely works yet. As far as attaching and detaching the plow it's as simple as can be. Pull up, hook up winch, pull the winch in, it aligns itself. Detaching you just give the winch slack and pull the lever and it comes right off. Mine doesn't have the electric angler but pull a pin up and the blade moves fairly smooth.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
My review: The plow and frame both seem to be very durable and strong. Since there is now snow yet I wont be able to tell you how completely works yet. As far as attaching and detaching the plow it's as simple as can be. Pull up, hook up winch, pull the winch in, it aligns itself. Detaching you just give the winch slack and pull the lever and it comes right off. Mine doesn't have the electric angler but pull a pin up and the blade moves fairly smooth.
Look forward to your review. I would not have an issue paying more mo ey for a better plow system.

Cheaper is not always better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone. just installed a glacier pro2 on my 11 850xp. now when I go to lift the blade atv dies. 3000lb. warn on 52inch steel blade. spooled out some cable to see if something wrong, and just pulling a little tension on winch cable by hand atv dies. ?? any ideas suggestins?

·
Registered
826 Posts
I owned a few Glacier II plows. Biggest fault was the flimsy mounting plate that bolted to the bottom of the ATV. The steel was too thin and would flex downward thus putting the radiator in jeopardy of being damaged. (mounted on Sportsman 500 models) I ended up welding perimeter reinforcements to the new mounting plate which solved the twisting and flexing. To me, I never thought the Glacier 2 was designed well for plowing significant snow.

I now own a Glacier Pro. (blue 66" blade) But I have not put it to the test. I won't recommend or discourage anyone until I've used it for the entire season.

You DON'T need HD shocks. Just turn the stock springs to the firmest setting. You don't need power angle if you don't mind jumping off the quad to do it manually.

Only option I put on mine is the black upper rubber deflector to increase blade height.

I do like that there are 4 mounting points to the belly frame. That's 2 more than the G2.

Time will tell if this is a strong reliable setup! (No one can tell you if this new setup is any good or not after plowing 3X with it.)

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
The G3 has 5 mounting bolts, a stronger mount too. At only $75 for a pair of hd front springs, well worth the money. Also fixes the front camber issues.

I owned a few Glacier II plows. Biggest fault was the flimsy mounting plate that bolted to the bottom of the ATV. The steel was too thin and would flex downward thus putting the radiator in jeopardy of being damaged. (mounted on Sportsman 500 models) I ended up welding perimeter reinforcements to the new mounting plate which solved the twisting and flexing. To me, I never thought the Glacier 2 was designed well for plowing significant snow.

I now own a Glacier Pro. (blue '66 blade) But I have not put it to the test. I won't recommend or discourage anyone until I've used it for the entire season.

You DON'T need HD shocks. Just turn the stock springs to the firmest setting. You don't need power angle if you don't mind jumping off the quad to do it manually.

Only option I put on mine is the black upper rubber deflector to increase blade height.

I do like that there is 4 mounting points to the belly frame. That's 2 more than the G2.

Time will tell if this is a strong reliable setup! (No one can tell you if this new setup is any good or not after plowing 3X with it.)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the glacier pro on my 2015 sportsman 570. i absolutely love it. I havent had enough snow to really see how the atv will push it but i has come deep rut on the trail in my backyard that i used the plow to flatten back out. i love the fact that on the 2015 570 you don't need to mount anything to the atv just clip on the plow frame to the frame of the atv and hook up the winch. its so easy that my mother is treating to commandeer my atv when it snows.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have a copy of the installation instructions for the mounting plate. I have the sportsman 550 and my mounting plate didn't come with instructions. It looks like it's just 4 bolts. I have 4 bolts but only 2 have nuts? Any help would be appreciated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts