Polaris ATV Forum banner

Glacier PRO plow system

27K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Jdc123 
I owned a few Glacier II plows. Biggest fault was the flimsy mounting plate that bolted to the bottom of the ATV. The steel was too thin and would flex downward thus putting the radiator in jeopardy of being damaged. (mounted on Sportsman 500 models) I ended up welding perimeter reinforcements to the new mounting plate which solved the twisting and flexing. To me, I never thought the Glacier 2 was designed well for plowing significant snow.

I now own a Glacier Pro. (blue 66" blade) But I have not put it to the test. I won't recommend or discourage anyone until I've used it for the entire season.

You DON'T need HD shocks. Just turn the stock springs to the firmest setting. You don't need power angle if you don't mind jumping off the quad to do it manually.

Only option I put on mine is the black upper rubber deflector to increase blade height.

I do like that there are 4 mounting points to the belly frame. That's 2 more than the G2.

Time will tell if this is a strong reliable setup! (No one can tell you if this new setup is any good or not after plowing 3X with it.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.