Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to ride gladwin south trail last week on our sportsman 570's, kept getting buried in snow but we had to break tracks. Got about 4 to 5 miles in before turning around. Need to lose a couple inches of snow to ride it or someone else has to break trail.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Save yourself the disappointment and drive another 30 min to st helen. Gladwin is 100% whoops the whole time. Its teerible.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hopping the trails are decent mid may, planning a ride up that way, with all the snow we got in not sure how they will be.

·
Registered
61 Posts
They will be fine mid may. Its all sand up there. Drive another 30 min north on 75 and take st helen exit. Turn left off exit and you will see parking lot. Gladwin is the crappiest trails i have ever been on. Maybe now that we pay $20 more per sticker they will smooth them out. Not holding my breathe.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Gladwin is whoops for sure, but I still always had fun. Leota is another fave, want to do St Helen this year for sure.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Gladwin is pretty whooped out. Leota is real nice. Buddy has a cabin in Rose City so we stay there a lot when we ride. You can ride Oscoda all the way to Houghten Lake by trail. Trail 6 is the main one. Just to the east of St. Helen you can take other trails and go to Roscommon and Luzerne also.

I myself am hoping the snow really mealts in the next month because we have a trip planned second weekend in May to Black Lake, Red Bridge, Bummers Roost, and Atlanta. Black Lake area is still showing almost a foot and a half of snow yet.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wife and I are heading to St. Helen in late June. Never rode in Mich. We normally go to Wisc., but we needed some different scenery.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
St. Helen is great. Mio is about 40 minutes and is good too with Bull Gap and the trails over there. St Helen is nice because the trails go into town and you can ride the roads in town.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was riding all last week on the Baldwin trails, still some ice build up in the hills and shade, but temps were in the high 50s low 60s all last week and 3" of rain predicted by monday so the snow will be gone and the mud will be around!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts