Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Sportsman XP 1000 LE Touring
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be riding here with (2) others. We usually hit the lot around 8am, out by 8:30.....

gladwin trailhead parking lot
Bentley, MI 48613

Reactions: ArlyA

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
RoyR80, I may take you up on this in the future..... Need to get my bearing in first!

Reactions: ArlyA

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please do. I'll keep posting our trail-based rides...
(We do riding on our porperty too, but that's for "testing", lmbo. We test tire pressures, shock settings, launching, and such on 50 acres. That way if we brake something we're "home" already) ;-)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Looks awesome. I took a look at the pictures of the yellow 570 inside the google maps link you provided. What a mess. The stump certainly needs to be cut out and ground down... watch out for it.
During my ride yesterday, the same thing happened to a gentleman in another group. He caught a stump, wrecked, and had a very damaged CV joint. He was riding a Sportsman 400 - when they were in the Hawkeye body style. The other quads with him were sport bikes not suited to tow, and one Sportsman 500 Touring. It overheated while trying to tow the 400, and they were stuck in the woods. I towed the 400 out with my Honda Rancher - about 2 miles. His front left tire plowed ground nearly the entire way. At one point during the tow, the wheel with the broken joint caught something and was almost ripped completely off the quad. I felt bad, but there was nothing I could really do.
Anyway, have fun and good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
I'll be riding here with (2) others. We usually hit the lot around 8am, out by 8:30.....

gladwin trailhead parking lot
Bentley, MI 48613

Did you ride last weekend, I know it rained? If you did how did the bike shift after the new one-way replacement?

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you ride last weekend, I know it rained? If you did how did the bike shift after the new one-way replacement?
AWESOME ride! We went out the night before, it was great. Almost hit a deer, but those things happen on da woods. Brake check! :p
The rain was Saturday night, very light sprinkle on Sunday. The rain kept the dust away, none, zip, zilch.
Bearing was / is going great till this happened. :mad:

This got me through.

(I've ordered a new bellcrank)
I didn't shift with engine on when I put screw in, as to not damage the trans shaft.
Shifting was easy, but never easier then engine off.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts