Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have installed a Glacier III plow system with a 66 inch poly blade on my 2012 polaris sportsman 550 touring , my question is do i need to make adjustments to my front shocks ?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Probably not with the Poly blade. That is as long as they are not on the lightest setting.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I guess Polaris manuals say to max them out and up the front tire pressure to 7 PSI

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
let us know how you like the plow! I considered the poly Glacier III I was concerned it would weigh enough to stay down. that and it was a bit more money than the Eagle one I ended up with. but it is nice to be able to finance it with the wheeler when you buy it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have a glacier 3 love it

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have exact atv and want to know if I may please what exactly your plows blades looks like I bought a black hunk of rubber last year with no edge and found my blade wasnt heavy enough to drag or dig. You've obviously figured it out and I need you help

I gave up on it last year and just used my steelnblade buttt just checked my blade and found I ground it down to actual plow yikes so I'm back to urethane etc

Please let me known
Thanks
Keith

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hi. I have installed a Glacier III plow system with a 66 inch poly blade on my 2012 polaris sportsman 550 touring , my question is do i need to make adjustments to my front shocks ?
I jacked-up my front end (tires off the ground), then took the wrench from my toolkit and turned the shocks to the highest setting notch. Perfect.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Polarus offers front spring spacer to help off set weight of plow there like 20 bucks have them on mine

·
Registered
826 Posts
Polarus offers front spring spacer to help off set weight of plow there like 20 bucks have them on mine
What year/model Polaris do you have? (List your quad in your signature, it helps out a lot.):)

·
Registered
4 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts