Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.... I've had a 1992 Polaris Trailboss 350L for a long time now, and recently the front end locked up and a couple of other cosmetic things... But anywho, I have a 2 seater carter bro gocart with a 150cc engine. So the moral of the story is that when one extends a gocart 3 feet in the rear and adds a Polaris 350 bored over engine, I'm hopin it clips around pretty quick. Today I got the throttle all hooked up, brakes, chain + sprocket, key+light cluster etc.... Now, the question is what do I need to do to make the fan run at the right time becuase i cut and pulled multiple wires..whoops... Also, I need to hook up some kind of charging system to the gokart battery, im guessing the two yellow wires that split off from the stator... So any input?? thanks

Pictures of Gokart + my 85

Attachments

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I saw on another go kart where they just had a temp gauge and switch operated fan. When it hit a certain temp, they flipped the fan on. Maybe you could get a digital gauge that has a programmable warning light?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Sounds like a cool & fun machine. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
306 Posts
just my thoughts i think i read somewhere the fan comes on at 180 and shuts off at 160 sounds like your making a fun machine i have a 85 honda odesey with a fl 350 two stroke and its great only does 53 mph but gets there Fast

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
You could tap the guage sensor into a cooling line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts