Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has been posted before, or if anyone is in the market for some Bear Claw HTR tires, but I ended up buying a set for what I thought was a good deal today.

I have a 2015 570 SP and was looking for a set of 2 26x9x14 and 2 26x11x14 tires. The best price I had previously found was $445 with shipping, but last night while digging around on the internet I found them for $395 at 2wheel.com. I wanted to make sure that price included the free shipping, so I added them to my cart and confirmed that it did. I then saw that new customers who register for the first time would get $10 off instantly (good for one week).

I thought I would sleep on it, but $385 sounded like a great deal. This morning I checked my email and found a note from 2wheel saying that I left some items in my cart and they would give me 10% off of the order if I completed it within 24 hours :bigeyes:. That would bring down the total to $345 for all 4 tires delivered. I figured that was likely the best price I would find anywhere and pulled the trigger. I got a shipping confirmation this afternoon.

To top it all off, it said that I would earn another $6 in bonus cash for each tire (for a future order). Not bad.

I want to re-use the stock wheels, so now I just need to find a tire shop locally that can swap the tires for a reasonable price.

Nick

·
Super Moderator
6,960 Posts
That is a fantastic price. Discount Tire does mine for $5 each.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ngiovas, thanks for the info. Please keep us updated on how you like them.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Subscribed.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm sure this question has been answered on this forum already, but for those running the HTRs, do they run true to size?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm sure this question has been answered on this forum already, but for those running the HTRs, do they run true to size?
Mine will be in soon. From my research they run around 1/2 inch bigger.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Great deal I'd say.

·
Registered
168 Posts
They are about a 1/2" larger than size from what I have seen. Mine measure about 26.5".

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've been shopping around for a set also. Price total came to $353 for a set of 26x9x12 and a set of 26x11x12, plus the $10 off for a first time custom which dropped it to $343. Let it sit overnight like the OP said and sure enough got an email for 10% off my cart. Which brought the grand total to $319 for all 4 tires, including shipping. Greatly appreciate the info ngiovas!

·
Registered
139 Posts
not trying to jack your thread but does everyone like the bearclaw htr? just wondering before i drop the money. do they perform well in the mud and snow?

·
Super Moderator
6,960 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,960 Posts
I've been shopping around for a set also. Price total came to $353 for a set of 26x9x12 and a set of 26x11x12, plus the $10 off for a first time custom which dropped it to $343. Let it sit overnight like the OP said and sure enough got an email for 10% off my cart. Which brought the grand total to $319 for all 4 tires, including shipping. Greatly appreciate the info ngiovas!
For that price, I'm tempted to buy another set and just store them in the rafters. Problem is they would probably dry rot before I actually needed them. That, and I also like to try different tires when I put new ones on.

·
Banned
25 Posts
I don't know if this has been posted before, or if anyone is in the market for some Bear Claw HTR tires, but I ended up buying a set for what I thought was a good deal today.

I have a 2015 570 SP and was looking for a set of 2 26x9x14 and 2 26x11x14 tires. The best price I had previously found was $445 with shipping, but last night while digging around on the internet I found them for $395 at 2wheel.com. I wanted to make sure that price included the free shipping, so I added them to my cart and confirmed that it did. I then saw that new customers who register for the first time would get $10 off instantly (good for one week).

I thought I would sleep on it, but $385 sounded like a great deal. This morning I checked my email and found a note from 2wheel saying that I left some items in my cart and they would give me 10% off of the order if I completed it within 24 hours :bigeyes:. That would bring down the total to $345 for all 4 tires delivered. I figured that was likely the best price I would find anywhere and pulled the trigger. I got a shipping confirmation this afternoon.

To top it all off, it said that I would earn another $6 in bonus cash for each tire (for a future order). Not bad.

I want to re-use the stock wheels, so now I just need to find a tire shop locally that can swap the tires for a reasonable price.

Nick
Can you get some pics after install? I'd like to see what they look like on the stock wheels as i was thinking of doing the same.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can you get some pics after install? I'd like to see what they look like on the stock wheels as i was thinking of doing the same.
Sure, they are scheduled to be delivered today. I don't know how quickly I will get them mounted, but hopefully very soon.

·
Registered
49 Posts
not trying to jack your thread but does everyone like the bearclaw htr? just wondering before i drop the money. do they perform well in the mud and snow?
I plowed through 24" of snow with ease but the shocker was when I was cutting through 30" drifts and it just kept on going. The snow was that deep, it was coming over the top of my front storage box but the Bearclaw HTRs didn't stop! It also held the snow covered highway at 65mph speeds while my buddy's RZR was all over the place even at 35mph during the last blizzard we had. You won't be disappointed with them. They work excellent in the mud too.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I plowed through 24" of snow with ease but the shocker was when I was cutting through 30" drifts and it just kept on going. The snow was that deep, it was coming over the top of my front storage box but the Bearclaw HTRs didn't stop! It also held the snow covered highway at 65mph speeds while my buddy's RZR was all over the place even at 35mph during the last blizzard we had. You won't be disappointed with them. They work excellent in the mud too.
Thanks for the review. I am looking forward to being able to ride in snow. The stock tires on both of my machines are horrible in snow. They do OK when pushing my plow, but as soon as I take either machine into the snow to play around (even 6 inches) they would just begin to spin.

I am also looking forward to better traction in mud. I don't do any serious mudding, but I will often target water/mud holes when riding the trails. Nothing worse than having to climb off in knee deep water because you are stuck.

Lastly, hoping for a smoother ride on wide hard packed trails where the average speeds are much higher. If these work out, I may get a set for my other machine. As noted above - the 12" tires are even less.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, the tires showed up as expected and are exactly what I was looking for. The only downside is that before I ordered them I called around and the local Belle Tire told me $10 each to mount and balance them. I called today to confirm so I could stop by this weekend and get them mounted, but this time they told me $125 for all four.

Walmart said $12 to mount and balance except that they can't balance them due to the offset. Guess I need to call around but more.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts