Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if there is a width restriction on Smittys Trail ? I'd like to stay in Gorham but don't want to have to trailer (my sxs is 62") up to jericho. Thanks

·
Registered
901 Posts
Your fine used to ride with a guy who was at 70" and he had no issues. I believe all the trails up north are 65" restriction.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Some updated info for the Gorham/Berlin/Jericho NH trails area:

·
Registered
24 Posts
As per the first line of the news article, the trails are scheduled to open on May 23rd.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Jericho is a state park, it's more than just ATV trails, they also have hiking trails and picnic areas.
The park itself may be open, but I believe the trails are still closed to motorized vehicles because it's still 'Mud Season". This is a state wide rule, not just Jericho.
Maine does the same thing, but according to them, mud season ends May 15th and that's when ATV season begins.
They do this to prevent the mud runners from rutting the trails.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Thanks Zappa. I go up there often, just not this early. Was thinking about it with all this time off though :unsure:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here's the trail info URL:

North Country Region
Androscoggin Valley ATV Club (Berlin/Success)
www.avatvclub.org
Club's Facebook Page
  • Success Trail (Berlin/Success)
    Trail Status:
    CLOSED
    Trail Mileage:
    Parking: Berlin - Located on Success Pond Road (Route 16, Hutchins Street to Success Pond Road).
    Trail Information: The NH Bureau of Trails assists in maintenance. Open to ATV/UTVs.
    Success Trail Map
  • Jericho Mountain State Park (Berlin)
    Trail Status:
    CLOSED FOR MUD SEASON UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
    Trail Mileage:
    Parking: Berlin - Located at end of Jericho Lake Road (off Route 110, west of downtown).
    Trail Information: A multi-use trail system located in a NH State Park, open year-round for use by ATV/UTV/TB/TRUCKS/JEEPS/Snowmobiles. Also has a campground, lake, beach, and picnic area. The NH Bureau of Trails assists in maintenance.

·
Premium Member
9,942 Posts
Hey Zappa thanks for the info!! We are planning on hitting NH in June. Question is do you think ALL the trails will be open?? Also I've been fallowing your posts and know your just starting to make Maine your trails of choice. So I'll be asking you about Maine as time goes by and you become more familiar with the trail system.

·
Premium Member
9,942 Posts
WOW this is getting out of hand!!!!! I'll lose my sh!t if travel lacrosse gets cancelled!!!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
You watch a lot of these so called “opening dates” aren’t going to happen! Fauci was saying today in hearings schools may have to stay shut this fall!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,942 Posts
There's a member here from Somers, NY and that school district is talking about remaining closed until 2021. Not to sound like a d!ck but I don't care what they do all I care about is my kids lacrosse travel teams and wheeling. This shut down is so wrong in so many ways. I just wonder what our inept government is going to do when sh!t really hits the fan!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts