Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have changed my bearings on the XP so much I have it down to a science. It took me 1 hour last night to do it. I think I can do it in my sleep now. I did both sides so I am hoping these new ones will last a little longer than the last set I put in.

I did some searching last night and cannot come up with an aftermarket bearing number for these odd bearings. I will continue the search to see what I can come up with.

I did get on the RZR forums to see if anybody there has came up with anything and they are in the same boat as we are. It looks as if it isn't just the ATV's having bearing, ball joint and bushing problems. It looks like all lines are in the same boat. Come on Polaris step up to the plate and put products on your machines that last.

Ronnie

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am running stock wheeels with 26X11X14 Terra Cross on the rears and 26X8X14 on the front. The fronts havn't been a problem but the backs have been.

I cannot figure out why they aren't worth a crap on the XP but my X2 has had one set in 10000 miles.

I backed off the torque 10ft lbs to see if that will help any. I don't think it will I think it is just the nature of the beast. Maybe between the XP guys and the RZR guys we can come up with something that last.

Ronnie

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Any scoring on the shaft?

·
Registered
2007 500x2 le
875 Posts
Wonder if u could shoot some grease into the bearing before the install using a grease needle I know all balls are or we're under lubed

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Called my bearing supplier and they have a few listings that will fit, but want to see the original to make sure we can get the correct style for the application. I need one to bring them so I will have to order one or wait till someone brings me one to replace. But the info I got from them is that they likely are not going to last long due to the small difference in diameter between the ID and OD. Makes for very small balls that wear quickly no matter how good they are. The lubricant in them will make a huge difference as will the quality of steel they are built from. I did find several aftermarket cross reference numbers, but all look to be the cheap Chinese crap we want to avoid. I'll let you know what I come up with. Found a few different measurements as well. 72.35x43x34mm, 74x44x33.1mm, 74x42x33mm

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have searched the net for the last 2 hours and cannot find anything to cross. Seems the RZR guys have been doing alot of searching also and not having any luck.Ridinagain keep us posted on what you find out.

Ronnie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts