Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing is awesome. The power is unbelievable. Can't wait to go riding tomorrow. Hope it's a little warmer than 6 degrees.. It's was to cold to ride anymore tonight.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390442108.230815.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390442116.796652.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390442128.243133.jpg

~Kevin~

·
Premium Member
11,489 Posts
Sweet. Congrats. Looking forward to the ride report.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sweet ride!

·
Registered
388 Posts

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Congrats and many happy miles to you!

How's the riding in Maryland?

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
Get that baby broke in and ride the crap out of it. Heat cycle the belt a few times before you really get on it hard. I heard a report about a new 1000 throwing a rod so would like to see if it was an anomaly as I expect. Can't imagine them releasing the 1000 without extensive testing.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Awesome

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I heard a report about a new 1000 throwing a rod so would like to see if it was an anomaly as I expect.

Apparently there is a certain VIN run that they're testing a hotter tune on. But they took the whole machine back and gave the guy a new one.
Well it's good thing I purchased the 5 year warranty. So I'm covered. It was only 1200.00, but for 5 years... I really thought it was worth it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Get that baby broke in and ride the crap out of it. Heat cycle the belt a few times before you really get on it hard. I heard a report about a new 1000 throwing a rod so would like to see if it was an anomaly as I expect. Can't imagine them releasing the 1000 without extensive testing.
Thanks for the heads up, will do.. So far, I couldn't be happier... My son was pacing the house all day... Waiting for me to get home from work. Lol.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congrats and many happy miles to you!

How's the riding in Maryland?

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

I'm fortunate to have about 500 acres to ride on behind my house. So riding here has been great. Just wish it would warm up some.

~Kevin~

·
Registered
610 Posts
I heard a report about a new 1000 throwing a rod so would like to see if it was an anomaly as I expect.

Apparently there is a certain VIN run that they're testing a hotter tune on. But they took the whole machine back and gave the guy a new one.

Well, so far that's supposition. Not confirmed.

For sure! I know for a fact though there is a certain range of VIN's Polaris told the dealer they are "keeping an eye on". That one was in that range. Could be a tune, cam, compression etc it's anyone's guess.

·
Registered
944 Posts
That doesn't say for what necessarily. Could be other things than a " hot tune " as you put it. No? Could it of just been on off the cuff comment ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts