Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, some may know the story, but I bought a 07 Predator 500 from a guy today. I joined in preparation of this moment. I will take alot of pics of mods, riding, etc, write up reviews on parts, and become a full fledged member of the Polaris community. I'm a huge fan of this site, and great things are to come!!:applaus:

Now for a couple quick pics.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Looks like its in good shape.What mods are you planning?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Nice looking bike , Why and when did they quit making the Predator?

·
Registered
563 Posts
They quit making the Predators in 07 because they came out with the Outlaw in 06.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like its in good shape.What mods are you planning?

Well, i already ordered a front bumper, nerf bars, full body and a-arm skid plates. Also, going to just make the maintenance is up to par probably with a Amsoil oil change, K&N oil filter, and Uni air filter. Also, thinking about new sprockets to give me a little more low end.

Give me a few months to get used to a sport quad, and I'm sure a full exahust, and other goodies will follow

·
Registered
563 Posts
Sounds good.The sprockets "will" make a difference.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
nice lookn ride redneck :tee:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I added new pics to the first post

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
517 Posts
good lookin bike

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys, and yes keeping the rubber down will be a whole new challenge to me. I have been riding utilities for 16-17 years now, and only rode a sport quad maybe 20 times in my life. This will be an experience

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks again for all the love. I'm tearing the Pred down to check out everything, and make sure it's ready for a solid riding season. I found a missing metal plug on the front caliper so far, but everything else looks to be in great shape. Also changing out the plug since it appears to by the initial plug from the factory in it still. Need to change the oil over to Amsoil, waiting on my K&N oil filter also. Then looking for a new clutch lever, mine has a slight bend in it and a foam air filter. I think I like doing maintenance as much as I like to ride.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
why is it so clean??? haha...on the flip side thats really good for you. looks like you found a well taken care of sport quad. that doesnt happen often. take care of her, and she will in turn supply years of reliable recreational fun!

looks good man, cant wait to see the mods

1 - 17 of 17 Posts