Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got it put in today, very impressed. I have 28" mega mayhems and it absolutely rips with them on. Very smooth engagement but it comes on really hard. No jerky take offs. Ripping ditches today I could wheelie almost all the time, the slightest little bump and it will stand up at almost any speed.

Now for the bad part, both my 850 and my 1000 are buried to the seats in the bush right now. Two hour walk out. Not overly impressed, now I have to find something that will make it as far in as we did....by the way, the 1000 handles rpms very well....it got a very severe work out today and she worked flawlessly the whole time

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it was full throttle for quite a bit. I can't believe how aggressive the clutching is but engagment is so smooth. Works awesome! You can get up to the rev limiter in like a second in low. Absolute beast

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
What do you mean buried in the Bush, do you not have winches to pull out?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via tapatalk

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Wow man, that's awesome and down right shitty at the same time, it would kill me to leave mine behind...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes we have winches. Nothing to winch to. Were just out for a quick ride, got too excited and got in a really really shitty spot. Dug and dug for forever, move 3", dig for another 20 min, move an inch. The snow is so heavy and wet theres no way to get on top of it unless you dig down to the bottom 4 plus feet which I wasnt doing last night. Couple shovels will get us moving just had no useful tools with us. Winches wouldn't reach, tried burying logs etc to winch off but the snow is so thick its retarded. Never seen it like this in 24 years in alberta.

So before people make their snyde, I coulda got it out easy comments, we did what we could with what we had, which was nothing but bare hands and one beer each. Those things are ungodly heavy when buried/dug down 4 feet...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was pissed at first but then whats the point. They both have insurance, wasn't anything I could do about it except start walkin so I'm not too concerned. Worst case scenario the snow should be knocked down good with rain and 15+ degree weather

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Yeah I get that, I was stuck in snow alongside my house and had to use my truck to pull it out, snow is a bitch once your high centered....

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is. Especially when you're in the middle of a power line and both quads are stuck just far enough apart they can't reach each other. With a shovel the 1k will be out in 5 min, not sure about the 850 with the garbage tires

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Might have to bring some kind of boat anchor our something you can bury and winch to... good luck man...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The thing about winching with this garbage snow is its almost impossible to get back on top of it once your stuck, pretty much gotta dig out a 10 foot trail to get some speed then I'll be fine. We're bringing shovels, a big ass spike to winch off and about 60 beers. Shouldn't be that big of a job, we were pretty beat after a 16 hour day at work yesterday so we said f it

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got em out yesterday. What a nightmare! Won't be so cocky next time thats for sure lol

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Glad you got them back...no pics of the recovery?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I didnt want to lose my cell phone out there so I left it at the truck. It probably didnt look quite as bad as it was anyway. Looked like a nice smooth cut line but it was atleast 4 feet deep everywhere. Not fun stuff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts