Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cruising the northern Wisconsin town roads at 60-65 mph I lost control and officially broke it in.
ended up in the woods,luckily I managed to slow it down to 25ish before going into the woods.
snapped the lock and load rear box mounts off,looks like the hitch is bent slightly up,right side floor mount looks slightly bent up.
I have road rash from my ankle up to my knee,black and blue on my upper leg.
My back is stiff and sore.
Us over 50 crowd do not heal so fast.
I drove it 20 miles back to my trailer and it did go down the road straight.
Glad I had a helmet boots and gloves on.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Glad your ok, got any pics ?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not take any pics,but my rash and black and blue are worth a couple.

·
Registered
112 Posts
What caused you to lose it?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would say too much beer

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ahh...too often the cause!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Drinking and riding? You deserved to crash!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Age is supposed to make you wiser, glad your alright and didn't hurt nobody else !
Now it's time to pay the Bill :). .

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
66 Posts
Your username fits you well...

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
cruising the northern Wisconsin town roads at 60-65 mph I lost control and officially broke it in.
ended up in the woods,luckily I managed to slow it down to 25ish before going into the woods.
snapped the lock and load rear box mounts off,looks like the hitch is bent slightly up,right side floor mount looks slightly bent up.
I have road rash from my ankle up to my knee,black and blue on my upper leg.
My back is stiff and sore.
Us over 50 crowd do not heal so fast.
I drove it 20 miles back to my trailer and it did go down the road straight.
Glad I had a helmet boots and gloves on.
I would say too much beer
Even though very foolish..... glad to hear you weren't injured too badly. Someone (?) was looking out for you and wanted you to only recieve a "friendly reminder".

Drinking and riding? You deserved to crash!
thanks Mom:ponder:
What did you expect to hear??
65mph on a 900LB short wheel base machine,yeah stupid. If you're going to be this irresponsible hopefully there's no one else around.
On the "thanks mom" type idea.... I'd only hope your "friendly reminder" was enough to get it to sink in, and for your sake and families sake it doen't happen again with a worse outcome! But it also takes "balls".... or somthing like that.... :D to admit to your wrong doing.

Age is supposed to make you wiser, glad your alright and didn't hurt nobody else !
Now it's time to pay the Bill :). .
Wiser..... Not Bud-wiser :D Thank you, Thank you.... I'll be here all week! Sorry, couldn't resist.

Happy trails!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yep no more while I ride

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think part of the problem besides my drinking and excessive speed was that the edges of the gravel road had thawed and was soft.
Right side got sucked in and pulled me that way.
The truck got stuck as I was leaving for home and I had to use 4 wheel to get out.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Took you this long to figure out drinking and riding is a no no? Haha, just messing with you, but it doesn't mix that's for sure. I'm 35 and I won't do it, and I found out the hard way. My old 400ex about killed me onetime when I was being an idiot. I walked away with just rode rash and some bent handlebars, but it could have been so much worse. From then on drinking was never again part of my riding again.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Is this your first wheeler? Similar incident happened years back to a buddy of mine. He's been paralyzed ever since.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I think part of the problem besides my drinking and excessive speed was that the edges of the gravel road had thawed and was soft.
Right side got sucked in and pulled me that way.
The truck got stuck as I was leaving for home and I had to use 4 wheel to get out.
yup, just like snow, get off in the soft stuff and itll pull you in before you have a chance to get out.

glad you're ok, seems like you learned a lesson. ride, then drink. seems to be pretty fun that way too!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts