Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into setting up a GPS on my Quad...I'll be doing alot of riding in the mountains and hunting...I'm looking for something like a little hand held garmin, but how can i mount it on my Quad, i do have a 12v plugin...just need a way to mount the Gps..I have a 2009 sportsman500Ho...Muddie49

·
Registered
205 Posts
Check out my profile, There's a few pictures on GPS mount locations.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Here's a pic of a garmin i mounted on mine. I'm getting a ram mount for my garmin venture to mount on my handle bars

Attachments

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
looks sweet

·
Registered
673 Posts
I ordered a mount, didnt know you could build your own mount.... Totally awesome! A friend of mine got a finger mount at cabelas for 80 bucks and i got this one for 50.. kool deal:silly:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I use a Garmin eTrex. I bought the eTrex mount for something like $15. I didn't have a real good picture but you can just barely see it on my dirtbike. The setup is pretty basic and works good. I use the "bread crumbs" to find my way out of the woods if I get lost. To me, that's the best feature.

·
Registered
673 Posts
yep, the bread crumbs are great and also the venture links up with google earth which is great cause viewing where you went is awesome. The Garmin 205W i have also has trip which lays a blue line down when you ride, and you can put 1000 way points in it.

·
Registered
673 Posts
which bracket, the garmin 205W i used the bracket it came with, i modofied it, just took the part that clips to the unit itself and drilled a hole through the center and thon one in my pod, i got a nylon spacer from Ace hardware to to raise it a bit and i also angled it some to direct it towards me more.

The bracket for the etrx venture i purchased from the link Bruce posted up above here

·
Registered
479 Posts
I run Garmin Ryno's on my snowmobiles. I am just going to buy the handle bar mount and add them to my quads. What is nice about the Ryno series is they have 2 way radios built in and you can map where the other rider is by gps on you map. I have the Ryno 520 and my son has the 110.

·
Registered
673 Posts
now that is a great feature! especially when you have a child riding with you, cause i have a daughter and a couple of times we got split up in a big group, oncew in particular at night, a very eerie feeling,, let me tell ya...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I opted for a Garmin 660 ZUMO. THis unit comes with a handle bar mount and all hook ups for helmet speakers. It has all the bells and whistles found on a any higher end Garmin and with the installation of a TOPO mini-chip, is serves me well. It is made for motorcycles and is water proof and shock resistant. You can detach it from the 12V power supply and use it on its' own batteries. Of course, bread crumbing is easy. Email [email protected] for pics.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts