Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So again, being new to polaris, I was searching for grease fittings on my 2020 highlifter. I found a grease fitting at the rear of the front drive shaft u joint. So I checked out the front u joint. See pics, is this proper or did the fitting come broken from the dealer?

Pics attached are 1 each from the left and right side of the joint.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
That's not a broken grease fitting - that's the roll pin that retains the yoke on the pinion shaft

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I have always grabbed the repair manual for my ATV's but I can't seem to find a high lifter one or specifically the 2020 one. A video from an event they said they made a few if the bushings sealed in 2020, but the normal manual doesn't say specifically where and it's not the same as a regular sportsman.

In any case, thanks for the info

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
311 Posts
There are no grease fittings on the u-joints. You’ll have one in the rear of the front drive shaft and then you’ll need to check your a-arms. There used to be 10 in the rear and 8 in the front but they did eliminate some on the 2020’s bushings, not sure which ones. If you get an older manual you can see where they used to be and check to see if you have them or not, process of elimination. Ask for a manual, and latebird will provide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts