Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
New to the site, not to ATV's though. Sold my 07 800 this fall and looking to pick up a 570 in the spring, do they have more than 5 grease fittings? My 800 only had five and that was a joke, had to add myself. Debating between this or a 650 DPS. Most of my riding buddies have went to Can am but my 800 was good to me over the years.

Thanks Hoov

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
If I were you, I'd go with an 850 EPS. It will make your old 800 seem like a tractor.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
I found 9 on my 570 today.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
The 850 has at least 19...and they are so much fun!!

·
Registered
777 Posts
I can't find but 7. 4 on rear a arms, 2 on front a arms and 1 on drive shaft. What am I missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
There's six on the rear a-arms, two for the front a-arms, and 1 on the front driveshaft.

Kris

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hey all,
New to the site, not to ATV's though. Sold my 07 800 this fall and looking to pick up a 570 in the spring, do they have more than 5 grease fittings? My 800 only had five and that was a joke, had to add myself. Debating between this or a 650 DPS. Most of my riding buddies have went to Can am but my 800 was good to me over the years.

Thanks Hoov
what brand do you lean to? If you look for low maintenance go with the 570 but if you don't mind go with the can am for the better machine.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I located the 6 total grease fittings on the read A arms and the two on the front struts, but I don't see where I would grease the drive shaft anywhere?

Anyone got a pic, or at least the location of that grease fitting?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I located the 6 total grease fittings on the read A arms and the two on the front struts, but I don't see where I would grease the drive shaft anywhere?

If it's where it is on the other value lines, it's right near the foot brake. You can get to it with the foot well on but it's not easy because the master cylinder for rear brake is right there too and it's a tight spot. On my 500 I remove the foot well and then lube the hell out of it.

·
Registered
483 Posts

If it's where it is on the other value lines, it's right near the foot brake. You can get to it with the foot well on but it's not easy because the master cylinder for rear brake is right there too and it's a tight spot. On my 500 I remove the foot well and then lube the hell out of it.

Found it, thanks! Was easy to get to once I knew where to look.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts

Found it, thanks! Was easy to get to once I knew where to look.

Awesome!! Glad it helped!

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Hey all,

Thanks Hoov
what brand do you lean to? If you look for low maintenance go with the 570 but if you don't mind go with the can am for the better machine.
Sure...go Can Am and you will get the famous Crisco Lock...and a great 3 wheel drive machine, that when in technical stuff will leave you stranded while all your Polaris buddies drive away. Why anyone would like to have a Can Am with that dilapidated 4 wheel drive system is beyond me. If all your buddies went to Can AM....get the 570 and show them how a REAL 4 wheel drive atv is supposed to act, and then you get to laugh at them....now that ought to be worth something. Better machine....AT What?....price, because that's all there better at. I do like the motors on a Can Am but that's where it ends as far as being ...Maybe BETTER

·
Registered
745 Posts
My 570 has 9. I heard they updated the bushings in the rear so it didn't require as many. Compared to my old 500 this thing is 10 times easier and faster to grease. Personally I would rather undo a few bolts and replace the swingarm bushings every 10 000 or so km's and just grease a couple fittings rather than hop under a dirty quad every time after going through water, with my 500 I felt like I was spending more time and money greasing it than riding or paying for gas lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I could only find a total of 4 grease fittings on my rear A arms and 2 on the front; one the drive shaft of course. Maybe my eyes are going bad, but I couldn't seem to find any others. Any further input?

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I could only find a total of 4 grease fittings on my rear A arms and 2 on the front; one the drive shaft of course. Maybe my eyes are going bad, but I couldn't seem to find any others. Any further input?
Just look harder...there are 6 on the back and 2 on the front and one on the driveshaft

1 - 20 of 24 Posts