Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see what kind and type grease gun do you use and what type of grease coupler. Also what type of grease do you use to fill in the zerks on your ATV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
422 Posts
I use a pneumatic or 18v cordless gun with flex hose extension. I always use the green marine grease

·
Registered
114 Posts
I use a good quality lithium grease and a standard grease gun with a flex hose. I also replaced many of the nipples with 45 and 65 degree angled ones because it can be a real pain to grease with ricochet guards on.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Standard grease gun with flex hose...and marine grade grease.

Sean

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
marine grease is best to use..especialy if running in water....a good synthetic like Green grease or Amsoil..get a flex hose with a swivel grease head and makes life easier....I had to replace a rear axel not long ago..and when I removed the A arm bushings they were still greased nicely...they were greased 3 months prior and still packed nice....GO Marine....

·
Registered
399 Posts
Pistol grip grease gun with flex hose loaded with marine grease.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Where do you find marine grease

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,360 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would check with local tractor supply store. They should have something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
most auto parts sell it.....or any marina or boat store....wal mart sells it also....

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ok marine grease seems to be the grease of choice I have been using semi - synthetic or synthetic grease.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
234 Posts
Amzoil has a great water proof grease and it isn't that expensive.

Wall mart did sell a waterproof high temp grease.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I use a pistol grip grease gun with a flexible hose...For grease, I use Bel-Ray waterproof grease.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Awesome thread. Glad I saw it as I am getting ready to "grease er up" and this is good info. learned so much from all the threads on here!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
So, let me see if I understand this (as I'm in the process of greasing up a 2012 850 w/3500 miles on it that I just bought)....so I need to get this figured out..........

The general consensus that I'm getting from talking to different folks (building mechanics) and reading up on things........it sounds like ya can just blast plenty of grease through if the situation is more of a "bushing" type setup (like on an ATV's A-arms). But, if you are lubing something that are more like actual "seals" (more rubbery...like a ball joint or u-joint on a car or something?) then you want to just push enough grease in until the seal starts to bulge a tiny bit.

Am I close and got it down?

way off with no clue?

.................. help? lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
So, let me see if I understand this (as I'm in the process of greasing up a 2012 850 w/3500 miles on it that I just bought)....so I need to get this figured out..........

The general consensus that I'm getting from talking to different folks (building mechanics) and reading up on things........it sounds like ya can just blast plenty of grease through if the situation is more of a "bushing" type setup (like on an ATV's A-arms). But, if you are lubing something that are more like actual "seals" (more rubbery...like a ball joint or u-joint on a car or something?) then you want to just push enough grease in until the seal starts to bulge a tiny bit.

Am I close and got it down?

way off with no clue?

.................. help? lol
On the money!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts