Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
A $12 Harbor Freight grease gun will put grease in the fitting just the same as an expensive gun and your machine will never know the difference lol. After all, you're only going to be using it for about 15 minutes occasionally to put a few ounces of grease in a very few fittings.
If you're going to be doing a whole fleet of machines every day then by all means get a "good" expensive gun that will last forty years and 100's of thousands of pumps. It makes no sense to spend a bunch of money just to grease a few fittings every now and then. Your joints won't be any slicker just because you greased them with a $100 gun lol.
Good point. I do know how long I am going to keep this ATV and I havent used for more than to drive around the neighborhood since moving in 2017. As of now I'll check out HF and get some good grease. Plus if I mess it up I won't be wasting much money.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Whatever grease gun you get make sure to loosen and then tighten tip to zerk otherwise you’ll risk snapping zerk. I also have a Lincoln, they aren’t that expensive.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts