Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got the take the wheeler out for the first time in what I consider an outing. We spent the day Saturday on the lake ice fishing and playing. Had around 10 atv's and 15-20 kids and another 15 or so adults.

Had kids pulling sleds all over the ice, and some adults taking turns as well. Had a great time, and actually caught fish too.

My bike did great as I burned through a tank of gas and ended up playing around in the dark riding all over.

Sorry I didn't get any pics. But a great day. And very pleased my bike ran flawlessly.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Right on! Love beening out on the ice playing with the kids. I use my atv most during the winter.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Making memories is what it is all about! Glad you had a good time.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thats what its all about. Good for u guys. I was on the lake here for the first time this year and first time ever with this bike.99.9 % ice. Had a good ride but was quite surprised on how squirley the bike felt in AWD. It felt as if it was not in AWD sometimes. I Had my wife on the back and she would let me know if i started to slide. I will try a solo run if i can sneak away.

·
Registered
978 Posts
sounds like a great time. Mine also gets a lot of use in the winter

·
Registered
181 Posts
I did manage to go ice fishing once. I did great. I caught 35 lbs of ice! Ken

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. Great time and memories for sure. Was my wife's first time ice fishing and my daughters loved it. They all want to go again. Looks like this Sat again. The ice was perfect. 12-14 inches thick with 3-4 inches of snow on top. But we're supposed to get 8 inches of snow this week so we'll see

But this is exactly why we moved to the country

·
Registered
548 Posts
These things are a blast. Does your wife want one like mine did? She's like a big kid on hers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ha. No not yet although she did get right on and take some spins. Now my 13 year old daughter... She's ready for one

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
My boys all want their own. even the 19 month old. After discussion with the wife last night, Next year I'll be able to get my new one. as we'll have the credit cards paid off and little man will be old enough to ride along.

Glad you enjoyed yourselves. Here's to many years of safe, family fun.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Great fun for the whole family. Just remember to stay safe out there. : )

·
Registered
548 Posts
When we started riding ten years ago we bought two Yamaha Bruins 350 2x4 and two Yamaha 250. They were smaller than the Bruins. Anyway we all rode together and had a great family time. Now the kids are gone and we sold all but one bruin and we bought two 2012 sportsman 400 so if one of the kids every want to go with us we have a quad for them!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wish I could get one for everyone, but that's not in the cards. My daughters will have a nice off road go cart in the Spring (from Grandpa). So they'll have something additional to ride, and the wife just isn't interested enough to have her own. My 13 year old is learning on mine, and we won't really be doing any riding outings for all of us.

·
Registered
373 Posts
we all have fun as a family on our wheelers. is a good excuse to get the kids outside & off the damn video games

1 - 14 of 14 Posts