Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Picked up a 2006 Predator 50 last night in pretty rough shape. I haven't had time to figure out why yet, but it doesn't run, and the plastic is not great.

Things I know I'll need:
Plastic (once it runs)
Muffler (unless this one can be welded)
Kick start return spring
And I'm sure an ever growing list.....

I look forward to your insights in fixing this thing!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Welcome to the board! Do you have a service manual? I have the 04 50/90 predator/sportsman if you need it, just send me a pm w/your email.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, so problem discovered: the previous owner tried to install a new piston, and didn't instal the circlip correctly, and it popped out and wedged in between the piston and the wall before being caught in the intake port. Fortunatly, all the metal seems to be there.

Here's my question, with the piston removed, should there still be some resistance when the kick start lever is pushed? This one has more than I'd expect...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The connecting rod seems fine, and does not seem to have excessive play. However, the crank does not seem to roll easily; I'm used to working on clutched \ geared machines, where the crank can be spun by hand with the cylinder off, can you do that with one of these cvt machines?

Also, as I'll be looking for a cylinder, can someone tell me what machines and brands interchange? Thanks all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts