Polaris ATV Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Make sure the tranny is in netural, the bearings just pop off (take pictures it will help)
Watch this youtube video it is helpful

·
Registered
40 Posts
I used a 3 jaw puller to remove all my bearings. Since I had it all apart, I replaced all the bearings that any bearing house will have for a little cheaper. If you do replace them I would not use the cheap china bearings if you can help it. I found good ol American Made bearings at my local John Deere dealer.

A tip for when you go back to install the bearings is to use a heat gun and heat the bearings up a little before installing. You can get the heat gun at Lowes or etc. they will be in the paint section.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just used 2 screw drivers to pop them up, but if you have a 3 jaw that will work to.

Be careful if you decide to heat the bearings though they can get damaged real easy (mine just slid on with a little lube)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Ok got bearing off the top left shaft inside transmission then I removed low gear shifting fork. Do I need to remove the bearing and large gear on bottom of transmission? Do I need to remove high and reverse shifting fork? And how do I get low gear fork back in, It seems impossible to put a flathead in there to push that pin back...

61 - 67 of 67 Posts