Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MOTHER OF GOD! For those of us who ride the 800's we all know and our friends we ride with know that the 800's sounds awful. I'm pretty sure that just changed. I took a chance and bought a GSE performance muffler from eBay. This thing is pretty wicked. It has dual 1 1/2 inch outlets coming straight out the back and it's a slip on. When I fired up my 4wheeler for the first time after installing it I could not believe it was the same quad. The tone is low and grumbly, it is considerably louder but now we can shut the Can Am guys up, and while I haven't ridden in the woods with it or anything as of yet, the angry weed whacker seems to have disappeared! I didn't take a video yet because I'm sure the neighbors would call the cops on me if I went barreling down the alley at 11 at night but I will get some video to post in the next couple of days.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This video makes it sounds higher pitched than it actually is, I'm very happy with the way it sounds and I still have some adjusting to do to straighten out the muffler. Other than that no complaints on my end so far.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I checked them out. They also have a slip on for the 550/850 XP's and they are reasonably priced at around 200 bux.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No fitment issues, it bolted right up using factory hardware, I'm just captain OCD and I like everything straight, level, parallel, etc. you'll notice in the video that the tips are a little cockeyed, probably wouldn't bother most people but it drives me nuts. So I've just got to play with it a little to straighten it out.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
No fitment issues, it bolted right up using factory hardware, I'm just captain OCD and I like everything straight, level, parallel, etc. you'll notice in the video that the tips are a little cockeyed, probably wouldn't bother most people but it drives me nuts. So I've just got to play with it a little to straighten it out.
Oh ok I gotcha. Let us know if there any performance gains as well. From the vid, I like the sound but it might be to loud, and get tickets in Michigan.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh ok I gotcha. Let us know if there any performance gains as well. From the vid, I like the sound but it might be to loud, and get tickets in Michigan.
I'll let you know, but I took a spin around the block and it definitely is louder but I've definitely heard much louder machines. I do a majority of my riding in the UP so I'll let you know if I run into any issues this summer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I bought one last month off ebay for my '05 700, can't wait to hear it after I put everything back together.

·
Registered
978 Posts
that sounds good. Any gains? Would like to see more vids of it

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that sounds good. Any gains? Would like to see more vids of it
I played around today a little bit, but without hitting any trails I can't really say, so far my machine is stock other than the new muffler and the HD rear springs, but I made another post about more power after my first service so I'm not sure if I've received more from this muffler yet. It does seem to respond much better to throttle than before, and my acceleration seems to be quicker. I plan on getting a buddy to video me so I can do some video with me driving and we'll see what I can capture with that. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
978 Posts
You get another vid made yet?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Not yet, I'm hoping this weekend I can get some garage time in, I've got my front HD springs to put in, synthetic winch cable, QSC clutch kit, and I've got to mount my new 28" mega mayhems yet too. I'm also planning on getting a decibel meter to see how loud the exhaust really is.

·
Registered
978 Posts
ok. Considering ordering one. cant make up my mind between the gse and big gun full exhaust

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm happy with how it sounds and my buddies like it too, one thing though, I found this out today, the gse doesn't have a spark arrestor. Those are relatively cheap to add though

·
Registered
505 Posts
Not yet, I'm hoping this weekend I can get some garage time in, I've got my front HD springs to put in, synthetic winch cable, QSC clutch kit, and I've got to mount my new 28" mega mayhems yet too. I'm also planning on getting a decibel meter to see how loud the exhaust really is.
Wow looks like you put some money into your quad!!.That thing is gonna be a beast with that qsc kit.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow looks like you put some money into your quad!!.That thing is gonna be a beast with that qsc kit.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Yeah I definitely did, but after all this about the only things left to do will be a snorkel and a radiator relocation kit, not sure if i want to do either of those and lose my front storage. We'll see how this summer goes and I'll determine if i think I'll Even need them.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looking forward to seeing videos this weekend. You're in WI right? I'm in mukwonago

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm in Milwaukee

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
EXHAUST UPDATE: It's for sale. I went on a ride this weekend and my issue is that one of the exhaust outlets is right up to my rear brush guard. It re-directed the sound back towards me and that got a little old after a while. I took the brush guard off and it was all good after that, unfortunately I'd rather have my brush guard. So for those of you who don't run a brush guard this is a solid exhaust. By the looks of it this muffler will bolt up to most if not all the newer sportsman value lines and possibly others. $150+15 shipping.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts