Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These new headlights are only available in the 2020 Hunter edition sportsman 1000. The headlights cost me $750CAD, plus $120CAD for AC DELCO connectors. ~$30CAD for pigtails and misc. I installed them into my 2018 Sportsman 1000XP

I got my headlights today and I installed them into my Sportsman. The difference in light output is huge and the LED/DRL look is killer. I also ordered a brand new pod light for the high beam. I will be retrofitting a projector into the pod light. Anyways, while I was doing my install, I decided to take some pictures and tried to make little document for others who want to install these LEDs.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I made sure to get a few adapters/connectors and pigtails so I wouldn't be splicing or cutting the factory harness.

Full guide here:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Awesome write up!

I have custom-made harnesses if anyone is interested. They are built with the same components are the factory, so there are fewer butt joints that are needed than if you buy the AC Delco pigtails and use those. Has the same relay and components that Polaris uses in their factory harness.

I was able to swap out my headlights without removing the front bumper (I have a brush guard installed that would have had to come off too). It is possible, but kind of a pain. The toughest part was getting the inside "tab" of the stock headlights to clear. It looks like removing the bumper is the way to go if that is easy to do.

Also, you show in your pics that screws are needed to install the headlights. It is important to note that the stock headlights are held in with 2 screws each. The LED headlights require 3 screws each, so you will need to buy 2 from your hardware store. I actually bought 4 from my hardware store because one of the stock screws is pretty short and I wanted a longer one to grab better

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea I got 1" long screws for screwing metal. The threads on these screws were similar to the ones already used on the old headlights. The one on the old headlight was like 1/2" which I don't think is long enough to properly hold the new housing down. Better off getting two longer ones for each side and re-use the top one (on the spring). And yea it can certainly be done without removing the front bumper but, it makes it a lot easier for removing the lights and routing the harnesses.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
went out last night at night, and the light output was indeed amazing. once i do the highbeam pod light, that should make the output even better

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here is one of the earlier prototypes we did. Ignore the orange pod color... it was just one I had laying around

1 - 10 of 10 Posts