Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a gun scabbard mount for my 570, I am currently using the rino universal clamps in the rear lock and ride holes, its secure, but i keep my gun in the storage bag cause i dont want it blasted with dirt and water etc, also its not very fast to retreive if I ever happen across an animal. Has anyone tried the Kolpin bracket? Any other suggestions? Please keep in mind, I am Canadian and have access to about 10% of the cool accessories that most Americans can get and it's a lot more cash here :( Thank you in advance. This is the Kolpin,
https://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/kolpin-gun-boot-iv-1-piece-bracket.html

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just installed yesterday. I needed the rear cargo rack otherwise there is nothing to attach the gun rack to. I wanted to attach the rack to the front. But because of the angle of the front cargo rack, it wouldn't line up. So far so good. Paid around $30 on Amazon. Hope i'm posting pics right.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just installed yesterday. I needed the rear cargo rack otherwise there is nothing to attach the gun rack to. I wanted to attach the rack to the front. But because of the angle of the front cargo rack, it wouldn't line up. So far so good. Paid around $30 on Amazon. Hope i'm posting pics right.
You see the pics now?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the roads and trails I go on, I don't feel comfortable leaving my rifle in the open like that though, I have two clamps that ratchet tight, and they fit into the "lock and ride" holes on the back, but I normally keep my gun inside the soft shell case when i have it back there to keep it clean.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Yes, pictures are visible now...... looks good and handy for firearms or long handle tools (shovels, rakes, ect.)

But I think the OP is looking for the "Gun Boot" (Scabbard) mount.... the plastic boot the rides along your side.

Note, Polaris now owns Kolpin, so I would think it would be a good product that mounted well.

This link may also be useful..... http://forum.highlifter.com/Gun-Mount-Polaris-vs-Kolpin-m1562792.aspx

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Mustbenice, those are the exact two i am trying to decide between, I was wondering if the kolpin would mount solid as my 570 does have that bar on the outer edge to use the kolpin u bolts with.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Ah, yes.... good question. I'm sorry I don't know. Have you tried sending Kolpin's customer support and email asking the question?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have tried a lot of gun mounts over the years but I have found the factory Polaris mount to be a great system. they are a little expensive but designed for your specific atv, attaches and dismounts easily and holds your gun securely.

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would like to see the modifications, I use my father in laws Polaris rear box all the time, so I will likely have to do the same thing. I wish you would have posted a cpl days ago, I ordered this from amazon, and it's in stock at my local Canadian tire...lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've purchased the Polaris lock n' ride gun mounting system for my 570SP Touring and it served me quite well so far for this year's deer season...it came with the option to mount to a regular 570 and for the 2-up touring model. Easy install and solid mount. The only thing you have to do to ensure a secure mount is to tighten the lock n' ride plunger as much as you can. Once secured, it doesn't move at all. Here are a few pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice set up Maximus510

Molsonice02 sorry for the late reply, but here's one of the mounts that I have that works with the Polaris Hard Storage Box I have. One of the holes didn't line up for the rubber plug, so I had to re-drill the hole. Not a huge deal, and everything is nice and secure.

That mount in my picture I ordered off eBay from the US, cost me $115 total or something, so I feel your pain on buying something from the US when I could have done a little more digging and found something local.

This mount is for my chainsaw, while I have another one for my gun boot on the opposite side

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bought this setup, but I don't see anyway of being able to remove my rifle while seated on the quad, I'll have to get off and walk around to remove it. Sorry for the crappy picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's not a quick on/off for the top of the boot. If I'm partridge hunting, and I'm riding slow enough, I have time to undoing my shotgun, put a few shells in, and aim. Longer riding, gun goes in the boot

1 - 16 of 16 Posts