Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He has started advertising the new bumpers for the 2017 2018 Polaris Sportsman 850-1000. They look awesome and tough as hell. They bolt in 6 spots instead of 4 like the Polaris ones. I recommend going to his site and checking them out for yourself. I have mine on order already, and I already cant wait.:grin

I thought I would put this on here to let people know, I have been watching his site for as long as I have had my 2017 Sportsman 1000 ( roughly 6 months ) for him to make a bumper for these machines, I am glad I waited.

I posted a couple of pictures he sent me, enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
I like the looks of that

·
Registered
720 Posts
I think the one without the mesh headlight guards look best, reckon he will have rear bumpers as well? Also interested in what the pricing will be.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I like the look, similar to the factory bumper but with some material around the winch. Interested in pricing

·
Registered
340 Posts
Touring are a bit different. Ordered earlier this week.
I like the mesh. Especially after at the woods riding I did today.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Those are nice looking bumpers. I put the oem on mine they are way to light. Bend really easy. Good to know there is an option when mine are destroyed

·
Registered
24 Posts
Those are nice looking bumpers. I put the oem on mine they are way to light. Bend really easy. Good to know there is an option when mine are destroyed
I got a price with shipping to Sudbury it was 105 USD for shipping so with the bumper and shipping plus exchange and tax it would be nearly 500 cdn plus I'm sure the border will won't their share too. Awesome looking bumper but too much for me. I'm going to order the polaris one today

·
Registered
229 Posts
I would save your $$ and buy the guru. Have you priced the polaris ? I think i paid over well $400 for bumpers and dealer gave them to me at cost(so he said). They are made of very light tin, not durable at all. Bent my rear bumper 1st thing i bumped(literely) and then when i put a cable around to straighten/pull out it just kept pulling out the expandable plugs that achor bum[per to frame.i had them linex sprayed for durability. Welds are crappy as well.
They are baxcically cosmetic only wher as gurus look like they will prpocet something.
Just my 2 cents worth, i was very dissapointed when mine showed up

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would save your $$ and buy the guru. Have you priced the polaris ? I think i paid over well $400 for bumpers and dealer gave them to me at cost(so he said). They are made of very light tin, not durable at all. Bent my rear bumper 1st thing i bumped(literely) and then when i put a cable around to straighten/pull out it just kept pulling out the expandable plugs that achor bum[per to frame.i had them linex sprayed for durability. Welds are crappy as well.
They are baxcically cosmetic only wher as gurus look like they will prpocet something.
Just my 2 cents worth, i was very dissapointed when mine showed up
400 would be dealer cost on the front and rear and likely it's actually lower than that. The front is listed for 325, plus a coupon until the 31st for 15 dollars off and generally the dealer gives me some money off from them to. In the USA the guru bumper is one heck of a deal but not up here with 1.3 exchange and border charges unfortunately.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Can't wait to get them and install ASAP. Then i am sending Iron Baltic pics to see if they think their skids will work.
Not too sure considering I ordered the fairlead plate from ATV G.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ive had mine on order since October... Hes finally getting close to shipping mine. Hopefully Ill have it next week.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I might be blind but still don't see one that mounts on the back of 2017 sportsman 1000xp see all sorts of pictures for front see for Honda rincon

·
Registered
860 Posts
I might be blind but still don't see one that mounts on the back of 2017 sportsman 1000xp see all sorts of pictures for front see for Honda rincon
I will eat my words, raise you two pints of your favorite beer in exchange for your sympathy....

They have not done the Rear ones yet... Work in progress, AGAIN I APOLOGIZE.... I might have jumped the keyboard on that one! :wink :wink :eek :eek :beerchug: :beerchug: :joint: :joint:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Has anyone received a GURU bumper for the front of the 2017 Sportsman 1000 yet? I have had mine ordered since early December.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Has anyone received a GURU bumper for the front of the 2017 Sportsman 1000 yet? I have had mine ordered since early December.
Not out of the norm, John is hand making each one, my 2014 took almost two months, worth every second of wait time!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
340 Posts
Are they different than my 850 Touring?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Weight?

Very nice, my first post here...Hey Ya'll!! Just wondering how much it weighs for the basic bumper, nothing on the site on weight......:crying already have the Factory bumper.

Thx

1 - 20 of 25 Posts