Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2011 PS 550 EPS Touring for $5300 from a Honda dealer in Texas. I paid $450 to UShip to get it to Colorado. I think I got a Deal.

It already has a Polaris 2500 Winch w/nylon rope, front rear bumpers, only 87 hrs and 525 miles. It is perfect, just got it Saturday and was a little nervous about buying from a dealer out of state. But I asked allot of questions, many pictures and VIN Verification on the Polaris site.

Apparently it was owned by an older couple and she wanted her own ATV, rather than ride with hubby. They traded it in for two Honda's, hence the Honda dealer. It was caked in mud underneath and around stuff, but easily cleaned out. It had a new oil filter, oil change and air filter. Runs great and everything works. As I had mentioned in a previous post I was upgrading from a '08 800 EFI LE to something with PS.

I am excited!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Nice. If you think its a deal then that is all that matters as no one can decide that but you. Enjoy it and post some pics of you out using it.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
How does someone in CO come across an ATV in TX?

Sean

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Sean
Craigslist shopping. I start at 350 mile radius of my location and expand it out, within reason, to find what I want. The dealer asked me the same thing, he had it advertised on Craigslist.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Wow, good for you to have the balls to look outside your area and the smarts to do your homework. I hope you enjoy many happy miles on it!!

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts

Sean
ATV's don't come cheap here in Colorado. Used sell for close to new prices. To find a good deal on a used machine, you pretty much have to go out of state.

Sounds like you got a good buy on that one.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts

Sean
The INTERNET / WORLD WIDE WEB..... it's a POWERFUL tool. :idea:

That's like asking how did you find this site? :D

EDIT: In all seriousness.... this is a good site for locating quads: http://www.quadhunter.com/

·
Registered
526 Posts
Sounds nice. I have used Ebay and the like for out of state vehicles with good luck so far.

You hit one of the rules to find a good machine at a good price. Find it at a different brand dealer. Selling it out of state as is works well for them too since they will never see it again. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bobx2 is right on, ATV's in Colorado don't come cheap. That is why I look in the surrounding states when I want to upgrade/replace.

My oldest Son just purchased a '10 850XP w/EPS from NJ off eBay and had it shipped, also using uShip. The only issue he had was bad fuel and it didn't want to run. After flushing the tank, changing the filter and fresh fuel with sea foam, it ran great.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here are some pictures after cleaning it up. So far I have ridden around my property, way to cold to go out to the trails right now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts