2013 sportsman 850. Is this a big job?
Any advice would be appreciated, thank you. Mike

·
Registered
808 Posts
Hi guys, looking to put hand warmer grips and a throttle warmer on my
If you get the oem ones which I’d suggest they are breeze to install. Only thing you have to do is take apart the handle bar cluster and all the rest is basically plug and play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
Agreed. I was able to install the Polaris ones pretty easily. I believe there is a "how to" somewhere on this site.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Go with the Polaris OEM, as stated, they are an easy install and they work well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is, I had the dealer do it, cost about $200 per machine and totally worth it! Dealer said they’re a bear to install!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Of course the dealer said it was a bear...how else is he supposed to justify the price? They are not hard to install
20130922_145026.jpg
at all. The hardest part is cutting a square hole in the pod for the rocker switches.

Mark

·
Registered
136 Posts
Quick tip, to remove the "rubber grips" simply use compressed air in the hole at the end of the grip while having a buddy cover the hole on the opposite grip. The rubber grip will expand just pull it off. Do the same thing to reinstall the grip once you have installed the Polaris hand warmer element. Super easy and yes the hardest part of install is cutting the hole in the instrument cluster, which is also no big deal..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts