Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of getting hand handguards for my 13 sportsman 800. Anyone use them? If s do they help much?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I do. Yes they help block the wind in the winter. They also block the usual trees, brush, roost, etc. They're a nice add on

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Yup. Love mine

·
Registered
133 Posts
Gotta have them

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Wouldn't have a quad without them. They protect and keep your hands much warmer in colder weather

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Bike didn't leave the dealership without them..first add-on I did and if you ride bush a lot (not groomed trails) they will save you knuckles from being scraped to shit.
If you ride an ATV instead of a sled in the winter you will absolutely want them with some heated grips.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I'm adding them as soon as I get my bonus.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have handguards and love them. Really like the funtionality of them and the look. I run the Acerbis that use aluminum mounts that mount only on the end of the handlebars as I found there wasn't much room on the handlebars for a heavy duty mount. I think you will really like them.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have handguards and love them. Really like the funtionality of them and the look. I run the Acerbis that use aluminum mounts that mount only on the end of the handlebars as I found there wasn't much room on the handlebars for a heavy duty mount. I think you will really like them.
Acerbis ATV handguards... I have the same for the same reason (room on bars)

·
Registered
378 Posts
I do. Yes they help block the wind in the winter. They also block the usual trees, brush, roost, etc. They're a nice add on

I concur.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I got them and i love them. Keep the hands safe when riding in thick brush.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I wont ride without them. I would have very beat up knuckles if I did not have the guards on.:cowboy:

·
Registered
2,980 Posts

·
Registered
4,629 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
In twenty years, I never had them until my wife bought me a set with the little round mirros in the end last year for Christmas. Since putting them on, I would not have a quad without them now. I always came home from a ride with bloody knuckles from briers hitting my hands. That is a think of the past. To be sure it was not me, a buddy went with me on my local riding loop, and when we got back, his hands were all cut up too. I was did not even have a scratch. Great stuff, over sized hand guards.

Oh, the mirrors don't stick out far enough to be that effective, so don't buy them just for that.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I have the same ones you have, and your right about the mirrors not being very effective. But at least if your in a turn you can stlll see that your buddy is still behind you. As far as the handguards, they work great

1 - 20 of 74 Posts