75 Posts
i use powermadd star series on both me and the wifes atv

·
Registered
3,096 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Polaris hand guards are trash. Don't waste your money. Get Acerbis or Power Mad.
The Polaris guards mount to the already weak throttle housing with two self tapping screws and not much better on the other side. Hand guards are more in case you tag a tree that you don't crush your fingers. The Polaris one will just break off and leave you with both a busted quad and busted fingers. Worst cheap ass ignorant engineering I've ever seen.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Polaris hand guards are trash. Don't waste your money. Get Acerbis or Power Mad.
The Polaris guards mount to the already weak throttle housing with two self tapping screws and not much better on the other side. Hand guards are more in case you tag a tree that you don't crush your fingers. The Polaris one will just break off and leave you with both a busted quad and busted fingers. Worst cheap ass ignorant engineering I've ever seen.
You cant be talking about the new ones? They use the existing throttle bolt hole, but supply a new longer bolt. Same on the left bar.

·
Registered
482 Posts

You cant be talking about the new ones? They use the existing throttle bolt hole, but supply a new longer bolt. Same on the left bar.

On my 2014 they are trash as stated

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I bought a set of the new style OEM ones and I like them MUCH better then the PowerMadd ones I had.

They fit perfectly, don't interfere with brakes, etc. They've taken pretty big branch hits at speed and don't seem to mind.

The PowerMadd ones I had the red didn't match well then they took up too much bar space

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I bought a set of the new style OEM ones and I like them MUCH better then the PowerMadd ones I had.

They fit perfectly, don't interfere with brakes, etc. They've taken pretty big branch hits at speed and don't seem to mind.

The PowerMadd ones I had the red didn't match well then they took up too much bar space
Thanks. Do they cover your entire hand? I winter (road) ride, even with awesome gloves, it still gets chilly.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
speakers.jpg

William you gotta look into doing the hand/thumbwarmer mod for winter riding. Hands down best mod next to a windshield for when the mercury plummets. Have the OME ones on both the 500 and the 850 and they have a nice factory look to them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
humm I am mainly looking for winter weather hand protection

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Will you gotta look into doing the hand/thumbwarmer mod for winter riding. Hands down best mod next to a windshield for when the mercury plummets.
I have hand and thumb warmers, and insulated gloves. But at 30 mph in -40, it is cold.

:)

Plus, riding barehanded in the fall, guards would be nice too.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I have a set of white PowerMadd, two sets of white Pure Polaris, and a set of black Pure Polaris sitting on my garage shelf right now I would consider parting with. the Pure Polaris ones are the newer style which is much better than the older version. Run the Vip-Air windshield/fairings on all 3 machines year round so no need for the hand guards anymore.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey fuse I may be interested in the black polaris ones if you would not care to ship them

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts