Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Crossbar setup

Here is my crossbar setup I was going to shorten the left side to remove the excess bu I figure I am sure to find some use for that hole. Also there is still room to move mount to the right which I will be doing in the comming weeks when I add. reverse override and fan over ride switches.
This does not interfere with my viewing the dashboard.

IMG00105-20110206-1411.jpg
View attachment 2059
View attachment 2060
IMG00108-20110206-1412.jpg

·
Registered
829 Posts
Thanks Athacker. That helps. I couldn't visualize where you put the crossbar without the pics. It does the job.

·
Registered
30 Posts
As you can see by the replies Garmin is where its at! I have had just about every Garmin handheld since the Emap. Any of them mentioned will do what you need. You just have to decide how much you want to spend. Currently I have the Oregon 550T and the 62st. I can tell you that if you live in a very cold climate you might want to stay away from the touch screens like the Colorado and Oregon. My Oregon is impossible to use with winter gloves on and the screen gets scratched up. The 60csx or the newer 62st are awesome. And for a mount stick with the ram handlebar mount. Looks great and can be adjusted to any position! And you can swap it from machine to machine if you have more than one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
atv gps

i have a garmin nuvi 500. great for car and i use it on my atv. its waterproof and leaves a trail of where you came from, plus many other features. might be worth checking out!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Pictures of my setup

Here are some pics of my 62st and ram mount on my new Big Boss.

And I bought a seperate handlebar ball mount for my other atv and snowmachine so I can just swap it to each ride.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Garmin GPS map 60CSx Never failed me even in hard to find satellite places. Works great for hiking since it runs on batteries or 12v.

·
Registered
829 Posts
He means it can receive a satellite signal inside. Most units can't do that.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Garmin Rino 520. It is also a 2 way radio and if you have two the other guy will show up on your screen when he keys the mike. I use in on my Snowmobile and Scrambler.
Garmin 010N056410 GPS, Rhino 520HCx , GMRS/GPS, Can,
Wow they have dropped in price. Mine was over 420 dollars

·
Registered
30 Posts
My 60csx will get a sat lock INSIDE my house!:hail:
All of the high end Garmins after the 60CSx will do that as well as long as your near a window or have relatively thin walls. They work great under a canopy of tree's unlike the older units or cheaper brands. Thats a very important consideration!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts