Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, have had problems with the positioning of the hand throttle on all my atvs and snowmobiles over the years, my thumb cant take the pushing of the throttle especially in the winter cold months, just purchased a 570 and had a hard time to keep up to my buddies 420 rancher of all things, just breaking her in so I did not want to push it to hard, was impressed with the ranchers top speed of 47 mph stock, I had my 570 at 55mph briefly did not want to push it because its new and we were running on a frozen lake for over 20 miles one way, felt the bike constantly grabbing the snow and the fact I could not feel my thumb after 10 minutes did not help much. found an interesting product call dxtrigger.com that puts the throttle ahead of the handlebar grip so you are pulling on the trigger instead of pushing on the trigger with your thumb, looks like a good product. I am also a tinkerer of sorts and trying to figure a way I can reposition the throttle trigger to the same position that dxtrigger does, what you think before I start taking apart the hand throttle assembly.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks for the pic, that is neat. You could also go for a twisty like on motorcycles. My friend has arthritis and has found a twisty that will fit his 800 Sprotsman.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I like that throttle k1m0e was talking about....you squeeze like a brake lever rather than push with your thumb...I can see less fatigue with that...plus you can use thumb if you wanted..can be used both ways...

·
Registered
164 Posts
The. Only problem I can see with in frt is if going thru woods/ trail and a limb smacks hand the throttle will go wide open..I have put several twist throttles .I prefer these. Just. My preference.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
well if you have hand guards your good....I had a few MX bikes in the past..and in the cold had twist throttles stick WOT...I will stick to the thumb one for awhile...just get an extender see if I like that

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is there an option to change the angle? My gf has small hands and its hard for her to grab the bar and be able to reach the throttle with her thumb.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Yup. Really easy. Couple screws and its loose.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm talking change where the thumb sits at 0 throttle. Have the thumb sitting more in line with the bar. Instead of the extreme 45° angle, have it sitting at like 20° angle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts