Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody installed the OEM hand and thumb warmers?
P/N 2877363 and 2877364.
I would like to get the same style switches that mount into the pod that came on our Browning Edition, but the switches that come with the part numbers listed above are not the same........anybody ever get the factory style switches?
Thanks
rob

·
Registered
399 Posts
I got the black toggle switches with my OEM kit. Pretty sure they were the same part #. What is on your Browning Edition?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
yes they are the same switches. A lot of the parts breakdowns show them as round but they are rectangles. There are cut outs on the back side of the pod for the location. I have them on all of my machines.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the tusk warmers from rockymountainatv.com. They are complete grips. They work good and have 5 setting..Thumb warmers also.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have the oem polairs for my 2013 550 x2
easy install factory plug in and warmmmm on low only 2 settings hi and low.
rocker switch fit in dash panel as if factory installed pre molded for switches
my 2 cents :D:p

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Here's a photo of my recent install of factory heaters and switches....

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
just had the factory OEM ones installed at my dealer(trust me...i didn't wanna screw stuff up) and was done in about 1 hour and was $94 total---59 bucks for warmer and rest labor. they also installed the switch in the speedo console and looks great and warms up nice! again my opinion only also i dont have a garage or enclosed space to work on it in the cold weather here in upstate ny.

·
Registered
15 Posts
P/N 2877363 and 2877364.
I would like to get the same style switches that mount into the pod that came on our Browning Edition, but the switches that come with the part numbers listed above are not the same........anybody ever get the factory style switches?
Thanks
rob
Do these OEM kits come with detailed instructions and how hard is it to remove the factory cut outs for the switches? I am wanting to do the same project but all the photos I see of these kits show a white rocker switch.

·
Registered
93 Posts
P/N 2877363 and 2877364.
Thanks
rob
Do these OEM kits come with detailed instructions and how hard is it to remove the factory cut outs for the switches? I am wanting to do the same project but all the photos I see of these kits show a white rocker switch.
I just installed OEM hand and thumb warmers on our 550 and 850, piece of cake as wiring is plug and play. They do come with excellent instructions and sure are hot on high setting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
^ Good to know.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks

To everybody that replied to my question. The OEM hand and thumb warmer will be going on tomorrow.
rob

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Here's a photo of my recent install of factory heaters and switches....

Mark
Is this the default install location for the OEM heater switches?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Thanks!

I might end up integrating the Kolpin heated extension with OEM kit. I have the non-heated model right now. My wife has a lot less hand fatigue using the extension.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im installing mine this week sometime, once the cluster cover is off does the inside have marks where you are suppose to cut for the switches? I have a 13 850xp with the digital cluster and it is smooth on the outside.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Im installing mine this week sometime, once the cluster cover is off does the inside have marks where you are suppose to cut for the switches?
It should, I used a box cutter to notch out the holes. Here's where I put mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
399 Posts
also are you able to re-use the old grips or should i go pick up a new set?
If you plug one end of a grip and blow compressed air in the other, it will slide right off. Do the same to put them back on.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts