Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is considered a 'performance mod' but curious if there are any alternative handle bars that would fit a 2000 Xpedition 325.

The modification would be more to accommodate the fact that after extensive plowing my old wrist is sore. Might have to assess my grip and ergonomics as it is only the right wrist that aches. Left hand moves on and off the handle bar grip to raise and lower manual plow.

I know on my old Yamaha XJ motorcycle that if one changes the handle bars to a different angle that a different style brake Master Cylinder is required to keep the reservoir relatively level . . . . Same thing with these?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I don't believe Polaris bars are notched like on bikes.
If you're thinking about risers, brake hose length might be an issue.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not sure if this is considered a 'performance mod' but curious if there are any alternative handle bars that would fit a 2000 Xpedition 325.

The modification would be more to accommodate the fact that after extensive plowing my old wrist is sore. Might have to assess my grip and ergonomics as it is only the right wrist that aches. Left hand moves on and off the handle bar grip to raise and lower manual plow.

I know on my old Yamaha XJ motorcycle that if one changes the handle bars to a different angle that a different style brake Master Cylinder is required to keep the reservoir relatively level . . . . Same thing with these?

Thanks
Install a handlebar from a Polaris with a headlight pod (Sportsman, Xplorer 400, Magnum 500). We used to do that all the time back in the old Trailboss days. You'll be surprised just how comfortable they are. They're taller, longer and swept back toward you which translates into less effort required to turn them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oooh, bonus 3rd light!

I ass-u-me these swap out relatively easily?
Will keep an eye peeled for anyone parting out machines.

Is there a specific year range I should look for?
Any models other than what was listed (Sportsman, Xplorer 400, Magnum 500) that are compatible?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Oooh, bonus 3rd light!

I ass-u-me these swap out relatively easily?
Will keep an eye peeled for anyone parting out machines.

Is there a specific year range I should look for?
Any models other than what was listed (Sportsman, Xplorer 400, Magnum 500) that are compatible?
They swap very easy. Any year and model with a headlight pod EXCEPT Sportsman XP. Those handlebars are abundant on Ebay. Also, might try powersportsnation.com.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts