Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have a new 19 1000 premium edition. At first there was some play in the handlebars but that’s fixed now(I have another thread on here)
I got the machine back today and went on first trail ride. The steering is a little off center. Going straight down the road the bars are turned a bit to the right. If I make the bars straight the machine will turn to the left. Is there an adjustment on the tie rods to fix this? Any other way to adjust? It’s not major but it is noticeable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had this same problem. I just bought a new 2019 1000 xp touring edition two weeks ago and the handle bars were slightly off to the right. The toe on the front tires was out of wack so I adjusted with the tie rods and this fixed the issue.

·
Registered
455 Posts
You can absolutely just the alignment yourself, OR take it back and hold them accountable for shipping poor quality.

·
9,814 Posts
If they "fixed" the steering slack by replacing the top shaft bushing then they've put it back on a notch or two out of alignment. I'd take it back to let them get it right. Adjusting the tie rods to compensate for the steering shaft not being put back correctly is NOT how to correct the problem.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If they "fixed" the steering slack by replacing the top shaft bushing then they've put it back on a notch or two out of alignment. I'd take it back to let them get it right. Adjusting the tie rods to compensate for the steering shaft not being put back correctly is NOT how to correct the problem.
In order for them to change the upper bushing there wasn’t a need to remove the upper post is there? It’s a 2 piece bushing with a strap that holds it together. Or maybe I’m not understanding (good chance)?

Attachments

·
9,814 Posts
In order for them to change the upper bushing there wasn’t a need to remove the upper post is there? It’s a 2 piece bushing with a strap that holds it together. Or maybe I’m not understanding (good chance)?
I'm just saying if it was straight before they "fixed" it and now its not straight that's likely what happened. I have no idea what they actually took apart. I wasn't there.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm just saying if it was straight before they "fixed" it and now its not straight that's likely what happened. I have no idea what they actually took apart. I wasn't there.
I see. I think it was this way right from the factory. I only drove it like a mile in my field,none of which was in a smooth straight line, before I took it into the dealer. It wasn’t till I got it back I actually took it down the road in a straight line and that’s when I noticed it was slightly off center.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts