Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else having a problem with their handle bars rubbing the plastics when turning hard? Mine are and only after 15 hours is looking rough. Looks like it may rub holes after a couple years. I saw under the seat that there is 2 plastic retainers, that allows the plastic to slide forward. I was thinking about pulling back as far as I can, and putting a couple of bolts in it to hold it back. But, worried it may end up tearing the holes b/c it wouldnt have any play in it. Already tried adjusting handlebar.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm having the same problem I just put some clear vinyl for now so paint won't come off I've had it 3 days 7 hrs on it and it's rubbing ofg

·
Registered
333 Posts
It plagues all of us one day or another. Mine is torn to crap like the dog ate it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yep I had the same problem I bought 1" spacers on eBay and rerouted the brake line through the pod because it was starting to rub through! Everything clears now full lock left or right!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good idea, i'll try making some of these with some different size sleeves. I think I could get away with 1/2" maybe even 1/4" Thanks for the idea

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Mine is doing it also...I'm going to try loosening the clamp and just rotating the bars forward a little, I don't need much to clear so it should help.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Jonpg30 it did take the bars up an 1" and I actually like it better this way but you could always roll the bars back to get stock height! AintDa1 I did use washers at first but it wasn't till I went up a full 1" till I totally cleared the plastics but yours may be different! Chronix79 I did try rotating the bars on mine and it didn't really make a difference! Do they still route the brake cable on the outside of the pod on the newer models? because that's a terrible design!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I'll have to check, but I don't believe so.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same problem took it to my dealer and polaris sent them risers for my bars and new front plastics. Too bad my 3rd ride on the new front plastics road caves in and i crack the front !! Maybe they have my old ones still haha. But they should send you the riser

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I had the same problem took it to my dealer and polaris sent them risers for my bars and new front plastics. Too bad my 3rd ride on the new front plastics road caves in and i crack the front !! Maybe they have my old ones still haha. But they should send you the riser
I think I'll bring mine in tomorrow to see what they say...its looking pretty bad and rolling the bars up only helped minimally. If they don't do anything I'll just order some 1" risers.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Will do, thanks for the heads up...my worry is it will start to peel.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm having the same problem. I rerouted the brake line but I'm still tearing up my plastics. I've contacted my dealer and he is supposed to be in touch with Polaris. Sounds like poor design on their part.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I haven't been able to bring mine up there yet, but I am going to call tomorrow and see what they say...can't hurt.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Called my dealer just now and the guy said he has heard of it and to bring it in so they can take pics and send to Polaris. Also said hes confident it will be covered under warranty, so fingers crossed...

·
Registered
26 Posts
My dealer talked to polaris today about this problem and they told him there was nothing they could do and that I should just trying a taller steering post. Does polaris have larger risers for this machine or where should I get those? Please help.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
My dealer talked to polaris today about this problem and they told him there was nothing they could do and that I should just trying a taller steering post. Does polaris have larger risers for this machine or where should I get those? Please help.
I think the Tusk 30mm universal risers for around $20 on Ebay should work. I took mine to the dealer yesterday, they took some pics and said they would get back with me in a day or so...He didn't just take pics of the rubbing, he also took pics of the rough edges on all the plastics. He wanted me to leave it there for the loose upper shock bushings, but I have a ride this wknd so I told him I would drop it off early next week.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts