Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really only have experience with one sport quad (400EX) and the first thing I hated was the OEM handlebars. I don't know how the Predator ones are going to feel exactly, so who has changed them to aftermarket, and what did you get??

Thanks for any info guys:thrashi:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, handguards. I was thinking PowerMadd, but not sure yet. Any tips??

·
Registered
5 Posts
You thinking of changing the stem and getting 1 1/8 bars, of staying stock? Im 6ft tall and when I swapped my bars out it felt really wierd, I had to make a 1' spacer to bring the bars up to a comfortable height. Not sure on what brand they are though, sorry.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You thinking of changing the stem and getting 1 1/8 bars, of staying stock? Im 6ft tall and when I swapped my bars out it felt really wierd, I had to make a 1' spacer to bring the bars up to a comfortable height. Not sure on what brand they are though, sorry.

Honestly not sure yet. I'm also 6'tall, but this is my first sport quad, so I'm trying to figure out what I want/need

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
stock.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
When you get stuck in 6 inches of mud we will see who is silly. LOL :poke:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
tell me your gona go around or jump this bog baby!!!! :moa: LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm running a set of renthals on my 03 predator. I always switch out bars on my toys. Also running Hotcams stage 1, K&N filter, jet kit, pure polaris pipe, CFM oil tank (1 quart extra), pro armor skid plate and front bumper ($62 for both, great close out deals on bikebandit.com). Lots of other add-ons too.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I want some Flexx bars for my XP, but I don't want to loose my headlight pod. Wish they had a conversion kit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I run Magura bars. They are OEM for KTM 525's. I took the stock bar clamp, turned the top half over, and used fat bar adapters with longer bolts. Came out to about a 1" rise. Perfect for me at 6' tall.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts