Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one have any experience with these I need a trailer for my quad and I cant afford much so I thought I would ask you guys if any of you have used them and what your thoughts are

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
a bolt together trailer with burn-em-up tires on it... I'd beg and borrow until you can afford a better option. Also if you're handy, you can find some smoking deals on decent trailers on craigslist. got my 14' tandem axle on CL for $750 I'm put about $500 into it over the last 3.5 years and it's practically brand new now. at least the parts that matter are brand new. were I to buy it brand new I'd be looking at $2k-$2.5K for the same sized trailer without all the little extras I've added to it over the years.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Either check out CL, or find someone who does fab work. An axle kit can be had for under $200 bucks. Have someone build a frame for you, and then put on a wood deck. My father in law built my trailer for be based on specs I gave him. Only cost me ~$300 in parts. Granted, he did the labor for free...

·
Super Moderator
7,088 Posts
I used one for a couple of years, and there are those who will swear by them. For $300 it will get you by for a while, but if you put a lot of miles on it, keep a close eye on those little 12" tires. They will come apart. Remember, you are putting a $10,000 quad on a $300 trailer.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I agree, oK for short or temp if your aware of the limitations. ;).

MUCH BETTER OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE!!

Do you have a Tractor Supply near you? They sell trailers and although still not up to top quality far better with welded frames and better steel.

I know it's expensive investment but let what Bob said sink in for a minute. Your loading a 10,000$ machine on a 300$ trailer...

Do you have a pickup? Invest in good ramps that's a safer option!

CW

CW

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
It's the same thought when it comes to your tie down straps. why are you buying the cheapest possible strap to secure a $5k-$10k machine?

I think you'd be ahead of the game if you save your money and wait to get a decent trailer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts