Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody seen any modifications for the touring rear cargo box?? I have been hoping that Polaris would come out with something, but after two years I guess not. There are no after market boxes out there, the only thing I have seen han the semi rigid bag that is not very water tight either. I am aware of box where you have to remove the seat which kind of pointless especially when you
always have a passenger. I have been thinking about toying with an idea of taking a lock and ride box and make a custom rack extender to accommodate the box. has anybody seen or done this done before?? any information would be appreciated!!
thanks!

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
are you looking for a box that surrounds the passenger, basically? i have seen nothing like this, but one idea is i have seen platforms that are the height of the rear deck, basically an extention, and they plug into the hitch on the back. you could get one of those and then put a box on that behind the passanger

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would be happy with a square box, it does not necessarily have to wrap around that's why I thought of buying a lock and ride box and making some modification's where the rubber snubber goes through rack and more less directly bolt it to the rack extension. I had a lock & ride box on my other sportsman and that box held up real good. I want to keep my hitch receiver free, that's why I am thinking of making a rack extension that would be secured to the rack and the support arms would angle down and be secured where the bumper bolts on to the frame as there are already holes there.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Sorryto bring back an old thread, but did you ever do this mod?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts