Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 600 twin wont start easily in cold summer starts. When i turn the key it turns over but it doesnt start i pull the choke and nothing.in order start i have to to touch the throttle..
Once atv is warm it will start no problem. Could this be normal for a twin ? I remember when i first bought it it would start no problem.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I'd check the adjustment on your "Throttle Cable Freeplay".... Check your owners manual for propper adjustment.

If that doesn't solve it I'd try new spark plugs, a carburator cleaning and/or a little Sea Foam in the Gas Tank!! All good prevenative maintenance on any machine.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I think Russ may be onto something there..... Bring the ideal up to about 1200-1250 and see if it helps. I tried turnig the ideal down to 1150 (It was at 1250) on the wifes 400 to see if I had early clutch engagement issues, causing it to shift hard at times and I noticed it made it slightly harder to start. After I ruled that out I turned it back up a little and it started easy again. It never needs the choke during the summer months and fires right up! Just a another thought to try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts