Polaris ATV Forum banner

Hard Wire From Voltage Regulator on 1999 Trail Boss 250cc

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  zach929 
#1 ·
I am having charging problems on my 1999 Trail boss 250cc. I have recked two batterys now and I have bought a third and want to fix the problem. I checked ohms and appears stator is good, stator also has good AC voltage to it. I got a used but known to be good voltage regulator and replaced that. I have come to the conclusion that there may be a short in the ETC (Electronic Throttle Control) because I get approx. 13.8 volts on the red wire coming out of the voltage regulator at idle and as soon as I touch the throttle the voltage drops to around 5 volts. Then when the throttle is snapped back it it goes back to 13.8 volts. CAN THAT BE MY PROBLEM??

Also, Can I run the red wire from the voltage regulator directly to the pos. terminal of the battery, or to the starter solinoid positive right next to the battery or would that be a bad idea??

Thanks soooo much for any help I got alot of time into this so far and I am far enough where I dont want to quit without the problem fixed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.